Finds 2/10/24

Dean N

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
York County, PA
Had some nice weather yesterday so I headed out to a local park and did some hunting along a few rock walls. There was quite a bit of brush and trees but managed to get a few interesting finds including an old chain, shotgun shells, a bell with no manufacture information, and a pigeon leg band. Had a lot of marginal signals which I dug but nothing was there. Not sure what was going on there but another learning experience.

Attachments

• IMG_9744.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9745.jpg
    IMG_9745.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9747.jpg
    IMG_9747.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 10
OP
OP
Dean N

Dean N

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
York County, PA
The clapper is still intact and it does ring. Also found out that the bird leg band was from a pigeon tagged in 1941 which was a surprise to me. Unfortunately the National Pigeon Assoc. does not have any band records from tht far back. An interesting find for me and now I know a bit of information about pigeon banding.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some nice weather yesterday so I headed out to a local park and did some hunting along a few rock walls. There was quite a bit of brush and trees but managed to get a few interesting finds including an old chain, shotgun shells, a bell with no manufacture information, and a pigeon leg band. Had a lot of marginal signals which I dug but nothing was there. Not sure what was going on there but another learning experience.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread