Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got permission to hunt at a local house built in 1904. Found various items which as usual are not worth anything but they are old which lets me know there could still be more to find.

One item appears to be a rouge round box possibly from the 1920’s. Found this information on the internet about it: For compact collectors the first Rawleigh brand to be packaged in vanity boxes was the ‘TreVere’line. The line, which was introduced in 1922, was important enough to be trademarked and it included, perfume, Toilet Water, cream, talcum, rouge and powder. While the complexion powder was packaged in loose, boxed, form it and the rouge was also offered in compact form and packaged “…in a pretty little gold coloured box that is just right for the dressing table. Each box complete with dainty powder puff.” Both rouge and powder were advertised, in 1927, as preserving the complexion and enhancing the beauty of natural freshness and colour.

A metal tag from Jackson and Perkins Company, World’s Largest Rose Growers with the following engraved on the back: “1965 Rose of the Year Hybrid Rose – Polynesian Sunset”.

Also found these items with no monetary value but considered all old items and unable to locate any information about them on the internet: a full tang knife handle, screw in receptacle, money safe dial with number graduations, Hittich lock, large flat button with no markings, white metal ornamental leaf and various clad coins.

photo (123).JPGphoto (124).JPG

Upvote 6
That is a great start to hunting that site. WTG!

Great assortment of finds. Finding old compacts like that are fun to do the research on. That era often had such pretty logos and detail on their packaging.

Gotta be some coins in there somewhere! Nice digs! Keep us posted

Thanks for all the compliments, just cant seem to find what I'm looking for. lol

Nice.
I really like that rouge box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back