What's new

Finds from a couple weeks ago.

BJS in Iowa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Finally had a big rain that stirred things up a little in the creeks. Found the three brokes on one two hour hunt and the blade on another in a different creek. Only one in-situ. Didn't realize what the other two were until I'd already picked them up and the blade I forgot my camera and my phone. I'll try to get better lighting next time. The red tip looks like it would have been huge. I think the gray one in the in-situ is flint ridge which, I'm told, is rare to find in Iowa.
 

Attachments

  • photo 5.webp
    photo 5.webp
    216.8 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 4.webp
    photo 4.webp
    98 KB · Views: 133
  • sept14.webp
    sept14.webp
    606 KB · Views: 167
  • sept14broke 2.webp
    sept14broke 2.webp
    148.3 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Nice. I've always said I'd never pay for a rock but I think the bottom left of the four got me!
 
Some good looking pieces in that group! Way to go!
 
Nice colors in those. Im glad you got some hard rain. Just allot of sprinkles coming around my area.
 
Thanks, guys. They aren't great but like my neighbor says, "A broken one is as good as a whole one 'cause that means you ain't getting skunked!" Had about 4 inches of rain the day before I left for work last week. Felt like calling in so I could walk the creeks! But, alas, gotta make a paycheck! Guess they'll be there when I get home!
 
Nice colors in those. Im glad you got some hard rain. Just allot of sprinkles coming around my area.
Sounds like the weather up here.It is pretty bad that I am hoping for a hurricane :dontknow:
 
Sounds like the weather up here.It is pretty bad that I am hoping for a hurricane :dontknow:

Yeah we need a flood. Last yr I said that and it rained almost everyday for the whole winter. Just 1 or 2 floods will do
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom