What's new

finds from my new site

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received permission to hunt this site a little over 2 months ago. it's slow going since it is a bog. well worth it though. mosquitoes snakes alligators and all. thought I would make a post just for that site.

1228111534.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_181721.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_181830.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_181914.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_181914.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182047.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182249.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182349.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182520.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182652.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182803.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_182905.webp that is just a small portion. I know the last 2 don't really belong in this forum. just thought they made me so happy to find them it would be worth showing them.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's it, I'm on my way to Florida!! My gosh, explain the last two items pictured. Love the beauty of the 1st one.
 
hey there good evening.. that's an 18th century spanish cutoe knife. it was inside a big chunk of sandstone. just a bit of the handguard sticking out.
 
Last edited:
oh.. and the other... is a rose cut amethyst set in silver. it has a foil setting that puts it in the same time period.
 
it came up in two pieces. if you look at the handle section in this photo you will see a piece of native american pottery stuck in the sand stone...pretty cool huh... it took a lot of patience to clean it and stabilize it

ForumRunner_20120718_184517.webp



ForumRunner_20120718_184621.webp
 
will do.. thanks for the reply
 
Extremely filthy!!!!!:hello2::occasion14:
 
ha ha..
 
I love the knife! The ring too of course, but the knife is really nice!!
 
thanks a lot... it's driving me crazy trying to decipher the writing on the handguard.

ForumRunner_20120719_195707.webp
 
In the photo it looks like dented metal, i can't see any writing. On the other knife with the decorative handle, i think 17th century Dirk? I was thinking Spanish though not Scottish.

Hahaha of course I used the world wide web! here's the link maybe something matches what you have. Its a page on a forum for Knives.
17th century Scottish dirk - The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions
 
they're both the same knife.
 
maybe this will help. look at the raised light colored areas. it's block style lettering. look spanish

IMG_20120621_000536-enhanced.webp
 
do you have a definitive on the age of the site you are working? I'm stuck on 17th century.
 
this site has occupations from the middle archaic to contact. there is a definate 17th century link. I have diagnostic artifacts to back that up.
 
Very interesting! Nice points. :icon_thumleft:
 
thank you kindly
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom