Finds from the day

bullshrink

Jan 14, 2012
western mass
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hunted a few old home sites yesterday and today. i hit a dual old home site in a state forest near me. both very trashy so my inexperience hobbled me quite abit. i found my first button. these sites ive been hiking since i was a kid and supposedly they have been detected. who knows.ill go back in spring.today i hit the old school grounds in town that got torn down last year. site is also the old town common. most of the ground is solid but the northern edge was soft enough. i found my first coin a jefferson nickle.i then headed to a old field that is not posted but i still felt i shouldnt be there so i left and went to Pisgah State park in New Hampshire.the place is a ghost town and has tons of old cellar holes most from early 1800s. i hiked in with my two kids to find out most is still under snow or frozen. i did hit one spot and found these items in the pics. i have no clue what they are. some help Iding would be great.still wondering why i havent found any old coins yet.you watch these youtube videos of guys like Bill Ladd and these guys hit a old home site and find coins and buttons and such.i need to get out more i know, i cant wait to find my first old coin! i am so hooked on this its not even funny!

Attachments

• DSC00869.JPG
    DSC00869.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC00870.JPG
    DSC00870.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00871.JPG
    DSC00871.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 432

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Great and exact I.D. Rogerdodger. Good job. Tennessee digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread