Finds from the last week including more silver and my first Dandy Button

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some of my finds from the last week or so. Started off back at the old playground where I found my '41 Walker right before some showers were supposed to hit. Before I got completely drenched I dug a '43-P War Nickel (Silver #14) and the 3 Wheats which is standard for this site. The next time out I went back to my old reliable 1940's school where I pull lots of odds and ends and silver. I wasn't finding any silver so i thought my silver streak was going to end at 5 straight hunts. Before I left I stopped over across the street from the school at an older gentleman's house. I had been over there before to help him try finding his wedding ring (no luck) and he told me to detect his yard to see if I could keep my silver streak alive and sure enough a 60 Rosie ( #15 ). Then about 2 minutes later I got another silver signal dug it and it was a Sterling Silver ring. So I took the ring up to the man and he said that it most likely was his daughters from the 70's and I decided to give him the ring and maybe give to his daughter. The next time out was another scouting trip for me. Wasn't finding anything after a few hours so i decided to leave. On my way out I got a decent signal so i decided to dig it. When i got it out of the hole it looked like a LC but upon further review it was a button. Got home and cleaned it very carefully with a toothpick and it turned out great! My first Dandy Button from the 18th century most likely. Finally, yesterday i went back out to the old church site and popped out another silver 1943 Merc ( #16 ). Sorry for the long post I got to keep up better haha. If anyone has any info on the button let me know! Enjoy.

IMG_3052.jpg IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3063.jpg IMG_3064.jpg IMG_3059.jpg IMG_3057.jpg IMG_3058.jpg IMG_3076.jpg IMG_3075.jpg IMG_3073.jpg IMG_3077.jpg IMG_3074.jpg IMG_3085.jpg IMG_3084.jpg IMG_3083.jpg

Upvote 7

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice group of finds! Really like that decorated button. Congrats

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better than average example of a Dandy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread