Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took a 2 hour drive south to meet up with the Central and Southern factions of my crew and we all went back to the land of the satanic bushes.....spent a couple hours at the original section of woods and we all pulled a few bits and pieces out before deciding to explore around. This area is several hundred acres of public land with a hiking trail that used to have several farms and housesites dating back to the early 1800s. We did the run and gun thing and found a few more spots worth going back to and a few areas that we're just going to leave to the chiggers.

Here's the best of it....1863 fat Indian, 1885 Indian, 1883 V nickel, a few buttons and a mess of typical housesite stuff. These woods are going to be awesome in the winter when things die down. One of my buddies got a solid gold early 1800s button and another got a sweet little Civil War era Marines cuff button.
IMAG5450_1.jpg
Here's the mess for the day.....relics, coins, buttons, a few ticks, a bunch of chigger bites, mild case of heat stroke and a dehydration headache....all and all was a good hunt for August in Jersey
IMAG5448_1.jpg
Oh....and some of my trash....yes, trash. Its pretty simple, machine beeps...dig a hole. Not many people show the garbage and maybe this gives the new diggers out there a false sense that every hole has treasure in it....it don't, reality is you have to dig the crap to get the good
IMAG5459.jpg

Well, thanks for looking and until the next adventure keep on swinging

Upvote 20

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you can't beat that with a stick....chigger bites and all....oh yea, can't forget the good ole saw briars...I usually come out bleeding like a stuck pig...
Way to hang in there...water and more water is a August must.:thumbsup:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the great finds and you have some. the trash? my trash bucket in the back of my truck is about to spill over the top and weights a ton now that it has been rained on several times. But when the two youngest grandsons are with me, it is treasure junk that we are digging and we dig a lot of it. great job

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking hunt Chuck! You sure did a lot of digging, congrats on pulling some nice keepers

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill! Looks like a lot of 19th century stuff, and that's great buddy. That ball button is a nice find and I'd really like to see your buddies solid gold button. Nice early IHC too

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of interesting relics! Each one must have a story! Nice!

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great all around hunt. Little bit of everything. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Truth.....I love hunts that have a wide variety like this

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man you can't beat that with a stick....chigger bites and all....oh yea, can't forget the good ole saw briars...I usually come out bleeding like a stuck pig...
Way to hang in there...water and more water is a August must.:thumbsup:

Thanks RVRoamer......the blood letting sacrifice was the last time I was there lol and the chiggers put up a good fight for their size but they were no match for Chuck Norris lol

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the great finds and you have some. the trash? my trash bucket in the back of my truck is about to spill over the top and weights a ton now that it has been rained on several times. But when the two youngest grandsons are with me, it is treasure junk that we are digging and we dig a lot of it. great job

Thanks dirtlooter....much appreciated. I've got about a dozen 5 gallon buckets of trash find in the garage....its always been an idea to try and scrap the brass and copper but it never happened and now I have more than I know what to do with, would take a month to sort it all out so if you're ever in Jersey, feel free to grab a few buckets for the grandsons to go thru :wink:

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good looking hunt Chuck! You sure did a lot of digging, congrats on pulling some nice keepers

Thank you J Cache.....its a cool place with plenty of potential and variety

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill! Looks like a lot of 19th century stuff, and that's great buddy. That ball button is a nice find and I'd really like to see your buddies solid gold button. Nice early IHC too

Thanks Scrappy.....I'll try and get a pic of the button from him and post it up....its pretty darn cool. Yeah, the ball button is a good one, too bad its a little squished....got a beautiful one there a couple weeks ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread