Finds from the past weekend + ?

ixer

Dec 11, 2011
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 & White's XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First trip out with the new XLT and the first signal I dug was this cool 1937 wheatie that's been shot with what looks like a .22 round.

bulletwheatie.jpg

Next up is this neat old porcelin or glass button, we thought it was plastic but you cant shave any of it off with a knife. The knife just slides smoothly across it. Not sure how hold this one is.

clipbutton.jpg

That pic also is where my ? comes in. This appears to me to be a Die Clip Error on a 1940 Wheat. I found this in an old Half Roll of Wheat Pennies. The cut is smooth and the edges of the penny has not been "smashed" or deformed in any way. Another penny also fits perfectly into the slice, which also leads me to believe it is in fact a Die Clip Error. Thoughts?

87036791.jpg

We also found 2 old Hoe heads (the digging implement :-) ), and old axe head, some decorative iron work, some scrap steel, old green glass "mason" jars, 5 porcelin mason lids, an old clear glass (but cork type) "whiskey" bottle top, and the oddest steel / iron disc. The disc was about 8" diameter and 1/2" thick with an offset "hump", looks like maybe a foot off some farm implement.

Also found a 1965 (yeah, soooo close to silver!!!) Washington Quater, 2 Memorial (copper) pennies, and a Zincoln.

Later!
-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have chose wisely grasshopper.

The XLT will serve you well.

OP
OP
ixer

ixer

Dec 11, 2011
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 & White's XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
should serve me much better now! Going to try it out after work tomorrow....

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011