Finds in Chicago

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Just got back from a weekend in Chicago. It was alot of fun, i got to see my grandparents and cousins and we went to the king tut museum. We ate pizza for lunch and dinner every day, and we got to go to a haunted house at navy pier. It was alot of fun! With my souveneer money and babysitting money from the trip (1 hour) i was able to purchase a 1951 D MS-65 graded NGC quarter for $30.00 at a coin store. Its a really beautiful coin. I also got to go through some of my granparents coin jar... they could only carry 1/3 of it with them but it was alot of coins. I found a 1935 wheat, a silver plated lincoln, a 1941 nickel, a 1952 nickel, a 1954 nickel, a 1949 silver rossie, and 2 bicentenial quarters. Not bad for 1/4 - 1/3 of the jar! I also got this coin in Chicago for free with my MS-65 coin... its a $1000 estados unidos mexicanos coin that looks gold from 1988. Does anyone know what this is worth in American Dollars? I entered in 1000 pesos and it came up as $90 in U.S.D., this cant be right. Anyone know? Thanks for looking! The weather in Chicago was beatiful and i had alot of fun!

-CC

Upvote 0

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
u came 2 chi-town and didn't stop 2 say hi? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Good going Coolcash ! ;D You take a lot of trips dont you ? I wish i could go on more trips.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for the replies! Yes, i do travel alot, its alot of fun. Thanks PBK, thats it. I guess $3 for free is pretty good. Bomber!!! I didnt know you lived near there????????? You should have told me! I probably saw you while i was in one of the parks and i just walked right by. Oh well

-CC

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bomber was the guy with the empty coffe cup asking for non clad and drinking MD20/20 in a paper bag :D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds like a fun weekend CC!

I think the Peso/Dollar conversion is currently about 11 pesos to 1 dollar. Now, this is a 1988 coin so it would be considered Old Pesos.

Old Pesos and New Pesos
Mexico's currency is the Mexican Peso (sometimes referred to as the New Peso (Nuevo Peso), since Mexico re-valued its currency in 1994. There are one hundred Mexican cents (Centavos) to every peso.

Some travelers to Mexico have old pesos lying around and want to know what they are worth. Well, basically, not much...

1 new peso = 1000 old pesos.

So, I'd say your coin is worth about 10 american cents on exchange but a higher value as a collector coin. Sorry bud :(

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for the replies! Bomber, i think i saw you there then. Oh well Bdoo, at least it was free. The guy who gave me them was really nice anyways and i really like the MS-65 quarter.

THANKS AGAIN!

-CC

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on your Chicago finds and trip. Perhaps when you get a little bit older you would like to graduate to Uncle Sam's world tour?

Guaranteed to be around large concentrations of metal often.

Postalrevnant

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to disappoint dekalb,but it was ripple in the bag and i wound up with 10.58 in change in my coffee cup

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEXT TIME your going to be in my back yard give me a notice and we can meet.. BOB

I was the guy with the silver cup 1/2 full with silver coins and an empty bottle of vodka carrying a broken 29.95 M D
duct taped together that was standing outside the coin shop.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o Nice Trip, Cool: A MS-65 Quarter always looks Good!!! Nice Going!!!

Reddie: Don't Fret: Once you get that Electronic Tether taken off, you can take Trips too!! ;)

Joe

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
A few weeks ago I found one peso, so I checked the value of that coin on the web
and there it was, about one dime per one peso.... :P

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
LOL! Thanks everyone! Ok, next time i come by i'l let you know. I think i saw a person with a coffe cup outside the coin store... no MD though.

-CC

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Chicago is always a good time. I went up ther earlier this summer to see the boy king. It isnt exactly 'the King Tut Museum'. In actuality its the Field Museum and they are currently housing the King Tut exhibition which is making four stops over two years. The first was in Los Angeles last winter,it is in Chicago now and will then be moving east to Pliladelphia? I think,you can find out for sure when it may be in your area. Its worth seeing I think,it hasnt been in the states in over twenty years and who can say when he may come back. The wife was disappointed that the mummy itself along with the death-mask and such were not present. I personally really enjoyed it. I think men may enjoy it more than women because there are so many items that a little boy would have. His little chair,a toy(about 5 foot long)boat,a really nice golden dagger with sheath and many other items for young or old boys. My favorite piece was probably his flail. Really neat show check it out if you get a chance you may not get another.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
THANKS! I really liked the dagger... and the gift shop.

-CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread