Finds of the last week in Bavaria

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
This week I got out 3 times- There are not many fields open now, so mI decided to go to corn field to look between rows of plants. About 3 hours time was enough to stop this torture, but I found few things - couple of tin bronse buttons_ surprisingly were very similar. 2 coins of total 3 I found by eyes.

2007-07-14.jpg

One of the eyeball finds - copper 1/4 kreuzer from 1831.

quarter_kr1831_meining2.jpg

Next hunt was on the one of the first plowed fields which I detected before with my old detector and thought it is empty. However, some mostly 20 century coins were found.

2007-07-19.jpg

decorated tin bronse button

button_pewter_07.jpg

Mini- buckle, preliminary dating is 1350-1650 (Folkert may have another opinion?)

buckle_04.jpg

On Sunday I visited the field which I finally was permitted by owner to hunt and which produced before one roman coin dated 310AD and some german silver from 1700s-1800s. This time no spectacular coins but other relics are nice.

2007-07-22.jpg

Key from pocket watches, late 1800s-early 1900s

key_watch3.jpg

French Infantery button with number 5, in bad condition but the fact of finding it here is interesting, it is already third button of Napoleon army I found here.

button_france_regiment5.jpg

That field is not plowed yet, only cut, so the coil of MD was quite high above ground, and I hope more finds will come soon.

Thanks for viewing and HH

Sand

Upvote 0
Real nice assortment of relics sand!
Unusual pieces...

Keep diggin'...

Wow, very nice finds, when that corn is down and plowed in, I'd hit that field a few more times.

Great digs Sand,I love those regiment buttons most of all.

lost at sea said:
Wow, very nice finds, when that corn is down and plowed in, I'd hit that field a few more times.

I did it already more than 10 times, and it is always gave up interesting relics

Nice assortment you've got there!

I wonder if there's any gold in that location.

Congratulations!

Ridley

Some really nice relics you have over there. I allways watch for your neat post. Congrats, and keep em swinging!

Bavaria Mike said:
You might want to read this when you get time, History of the glass bead. http://www.geocities.com/ladysveva/BeadHistory.html . HH, Mike

thanks for link, Mike, will do it asap.
88irocarmy said:
I found a couple older coins this weekend that I might need help with.
HH

I am curious about coins, will you post pics?

Ridley said:
I wonder if there's any gold in that location.

Sure, the only thing left is to find it :)

birdman said:
I love those regiment buttons most of all.

Hi, Trent, when will we see your posts with finds?

HH

Nice Haul, more to follow :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back