Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, Iā€™m finally breaking down and posting. Lifeā€™s been pretty crazy with college and all kinds of random stuff going on, and when I had the time to post, Iā€™d instead spend it on going out and detecting or cleaning finds. So this is going to include all the stuff that Iā€™ve found since the day that I found the bust half dime, the fish scale, and the silver 3 center (the ā€œkeepersā€ of all that, that is). Most of the silver coins were found at an old school that we discovered. There were perfect, circular brown spots all over in the grass from previous detectorists, but we kept finding silver and wheats even right next to the old plugs. Also got a couple silver rings, one of them is crushed but I still love the intricate design on it. It must have been a sweet ring back in its day with the stone and all. I also eyeballed the blue ā€œmarbleā€ā€¦it intrigues me because it has a very crude spherical shape (itā€™s almost FLAT on one side) and Iā€™m not sure if it signifies that itā€™s a very old one or not, but either way itā€™s cool.

Sept20A.jpg

Sept20B.jpg

The ring in here is kinda neat although the gold plating is flaking off. Looks like a ā€œtigerā€™s eyeā€ stone.
Sept20C.jpg

Only Kennedy half found this year so far, and a mildly interesting cat buckle or pin or something that way laying on the surface.
Sept20D.jpg

Sept20E.jpg

I found this wheat penny that is barely distinguishableā€¦itā€™s very thin and it almost looks like you could snap it in half without much effort. Kinda cool.
Sept20G.jpg

Sept20F.jpg

Finally, we recently got out to the Iceberg. I managed 32 wheats and the war nickel in the ā€œnew wheatfieldā€ and spent over an hour taking my chances in the areas that produced all the silver back in the day and found the rosie along with a couple wheats and the two marbles. Again, the orange/white marble is flattened on one side. The watches and most of the other clad was from another hunt from around here I think at one of our fall-back hunting sites.

Oct18A.jpg

So itā€™s been cool, lots of sites are still giving up stuff to where itā€™s still interesting. It was awesome today (78 degrees) and I got out for a bit and found some silver hearts from a necklace or something. Hopefully yall are pulling in the good stuff, Iā€™ve been seeing lots of sweet stuff found on here recently, I check the forums everyday. HH guys!

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice mix Nate....pretty decent job on the silver as well.Congrat's and HH!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate, your heck of a hunter, holey moley thats alotta clad too.. neat other thingies too including the silver wohoooo :thumbsup:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nate, and nice way of showing them! I like your photos very much. Thanks for showing us.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loks like someone had a great season Nate.

glad to see Ohio is still producing

SKD

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! That's a lot of digging Nate. Nice finds. Looks like you had lots of fun and nice pictures. :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
A lot of good finds, and a lot of digging, Nate!! :thumbsup:

I wish I could find more Canadian silver. I guess I better move further North. ;D

Congrats!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the comments and compliments on the pics (I just don't like the golden hue that I sometimes get on them). Captn SE, that's the first silver Canadian coin I've ever found (except for the fish scale from a month or so ago). 8)

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
That green-blotched wheatie is pretty cool looking! I don't think I've ever seen one so ornately scarred.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread