What's new

Finds this morning

Road Dog

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
815
Reaction score
393
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
They just cut a road just down from where I live. It is in the same area (within a thousand feet or so) of a site I used to hunt. Me and my 7 year old son went to check it out. Picked up a few chips walking along the road which is a good sign. I found two partial points and the two larger knives were lying face up together within 6" of one another.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03527.webp
    DSC03527.webp
    238.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC03530.webp
    DSC03530.webp
    157.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Looks like a great hunt to me! Thanks for sharing! 8-)
 
I am surprised ! I thought I'd see bottles :icon_scratch:.
Maybe you should make a bigger driveway and find some more.
 
Couple nice ones in there! Looks like a good spot.
 
Nice hunt with your son. I bet he had fun.
 
Went out to the same spot today after yesterday's rain. Found another knife just like the others only slightly larger and in the exact same spot. Must be a Cache of them. Also found a small Halifax, a Guilford and half of a Stanly that would have been a killer point. Sorry about the fuzzy pics.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03551.webp
    DSC03551.webp
    156.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03552.webp
    DSC03552.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 85
Went out today again for 1 1/2 hours. Found more chips, a crude knife /point and 2 nice quartz Halifax points.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03556.webp
    DSC03556.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC03557.webp
    DSC03557.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 84
road dog those are 2 nice quartz points. amazing the tips are still there.
 
Thanks, they are needle sharp. I'm hoping to get a lot more from this new site in the next year as it will be cleared for houses as well as the road.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom