nugget ring

Attachments

• nugget ring.jpg
    nugget ring.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 566
M

minelabex1000

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o WOW!

Nice to see an Excalibur at work. They truly are awesome machines.

Were these beach finds?

Do you have the new or older model?

OP
OP
U

uppermi

All of my hunting was in the water. I am using the older Excalibur with a sea search coil, It is one of the first Excalibur's to come to the states.

B

brla

Yeah it looks very nice keep working buddy..

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
Michigan Badger said:
I'm always thrilled to see postings of finds with an Excalibur.

Thousands of these detectors are being used by some of the top treasure hunters in the world yet it's extremely difficult to find anything written about them.

Thanks for posting!

In my experience they are an overpriced, poorly engineered piece of junk. I wouldn't trade my Ace 250, or my BH, for any of them.

OP
OP
U

uppermi

Hank, To each his on, Won't state the amount that was found with my piece of overpriced junk, The IRS is every were.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hank said:
Michigan Badger said:
I'm always thrilled to see postings of finds with an Excalibur.

Thousands of these detectors are being used by some of the top treasure hunters in the world yet it's extremely difficult to find anything written about them.

Thanks for posting!

In my experience they are an overpriced, poorly engineered piece of junk.? I wouldn't trade my Ace 250, or my BH, for any of them.

??

while these "over priced pieces of junk" as you put it,

continue to find "gold rings" while totally submerged in water on a daily basis, (something a 250 & a BH "wish they could do")

We'll continue to stock-pile finds you "wish you could make"! ;D

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Badger,
I dont consider myself an expert on detectors, but I have owned eight and have spent many hours swinging those things. I am just not a Garrett fan, even though, I owned one. All I will say is if you like a machine and it works well for you, stick with it. Now, the Tesoro, thats one machine that I like. I have an old Eldorado, poor old thing should be retired but it has done such a great job for me, guess I will keep it going. The thing is over 15 yrs. old, has hundreds of hours on in and has paid for itself many times. Has great depth, with the eight inch coil, but is a little heavy, compared to the new ones. I have a whites that I use on occasion, but the Tesoro has greater depth, and is much easier to pinpoint with. Usually a max. of three probes with a dull icepick, will locate the coin. The Tesoro has never, in all those years, been in the shop for anything. I have a Fisher Bug II, great machine, good depth, light, you can swing it all day, which I do. Not too good for the beach, to sensitive as it will pick up the smallest of objects. Now, I am talking about a piece of gold the size of a pin head or smaller. Dont believe it, dont take my word go give it a try. Anyway it will drive you nuts on the beach. Had a Whites Gold master, good machine, not as light as the Bug and will do the same for you at the beach, to sensitive. I call these machine the lightweights, they are good machines but wont compare or even come close to the heavy hitters. The Minelabs, the 2100 or the GP3000 and now the 3500. Its nothing to see them punch down two feet or more and bring up a nugget. I would not recommend them to a newbie for several reasons. They also punch down deep in your pocket, $3000.00 to $4000.00. The various coils will run from $200.00 to well over $300.00 per coil, and you will need more than one, usually at least two or three. And its not just a turn on and go machine. There is a learning curve and lots of adjustments so it will take some time and I am not talking about two or three at the beach. But the rewards are well worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread