What's new

Fine Silver Troy one ounce date?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I won this silver troy ounce tonight at my metal detecting club and was wondering if the date on it was when it was minted?
Ty
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0359.webp
    IMG_0359.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0362.webp
    IMG_0362.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0363.webp
    IMG_0363.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 349
I believe it is modern. Here is another example.
http://www.wensy.com/detail.asp?id=2593649

The engine, by the way, was the first American made locomotive with a single pair of large drive wheels, giving impressive speed.

I'm still looking for additional information on it.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
GSM was formed in 1974
 
Upvote 0
Thank you all. The silver piece was the reward for winning best in show for a German Airforce Nazi medallion and chain. I have it posted in what is it. It beat out all pre and post 1900 coins, jewelry and relics. I was blown away.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0358.webp
    IMG_0358.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0356.webp
    IMG_0356.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0354.webp
    IMG_0354.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0358.webp
    IMG_0358.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0356.webp
    IMG_0356.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0354.webp
    IMG_0354.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0
yes 4-H, i dug it in a field near my house.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom