What's new

first 10 steps in a different field...

captain redbeard

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
1,038
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and this big point was staring at me. I believe it to be an adena.

100_0453.webp100_0454.webp100_0455.webp
 
Upvote 0
Good looking point ..... That happened to me a few weeks ago so I thought I found a new sweet spot ....... Searched for 3 hours and never found anything else ..... Guess that's how it goes sometimes , hopefully you have better luck
 
Yea I walked around for about a half hour after just to check it out, but was already soaked and heading home. Probably a stray point, but the field is walking distance from my house same with my favorite. They are all nearby so I will definitely be making some more passes through it soon.
 
Sounds like you have a nice place to live ..... I miss where I grew up .... I could walk in any direction from the house and find points
 
Yea its a great area, lots of history and lots of wildlife :happysmiley:
 
Really nice point. Keep on the hunt...
 
That's some luck!! Nice find, hopefully you'll be able to find some more!
 
Cayuga Lake has been on my list to hunt.. I was thinking along the Seneca River to the North would be a good place to start.. Good Luck n happy hunting!!
 
Nice ADENA! The first rock i hit with my stick last week while hunting ended up being a celt, well, 3 hours later none of us had found anything else.
 
Mrdigz- yea the finger lakes region has a lot of native history, especially seneca river. I know of people having rooms full of artifacts just walking seneca river after the water recedes a bit in the spring. As far as around cayuga lake there are spots, but I think a lot of the fields/land are inaccessible to the public (res) from what I've seen on the east side anyways.

@creekhunter TY! I'm finding that being at the right place at the right time seems to be the case with quite a few of my artifacts.
 
Id say Adena to by the base nice one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom