First 106 Clad Coin Day! And other finds as well, and a Zipper Pull

P

Pentico

Hey everyone,
Yeah I know it is not a bunch of old coins or a silver coins or even a chunk of gold like you guy's want to see posted here. I guess I really can't say I am new any more with a whole 4 month under my belt.
Hey I am working on getting to the point to start hunting that stuff too.
We have a few old places I think we may start hunting this weekend.
Guy's I still get excited with the park and tot lot finds we have made so far.
I know my posts are not much to see for you folks, but I am still having fun finding treasures.
I just have to tell someone of our finds, so you folks are it!
DEAL WITH IT! LMAO!!!!! ;)
Today marked the first day of 100 coins plus. A mile stone for me anyway.
I was having so much fun I didn't even know I had a 106 coins till I got home.

Today's finds:
1 Silver Cross (small one)
1 Super Hero
1 Flat Penny (Garden Of the Gods) Number 2 for me in flat pennies
1 Key
1 Zipper Pull
6 Buttons
1 Sprinkler Head
1 Spiderman car
1 RTD Token
1 100 Colones Coin
1 Ear Ring
106 Clad Coins for a total of $7.66 1/3
Yeah I put the 1/3 in because I found 1/3 of a penny.

Thought it was going to be hard to reach 500 coins this year, but we passed that and off to 1000
Yeah I know it is not 10,000 like some of you guy's but hey I had to start some where.

Thanks for all your help here.
Truly enjoy all of your post and finds.

Today is the only day you have, make the best of it.

Pentico

Attachments

• 9 18 2007.JPG
    9 18 2007.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0

Spartacus

Aug 17, 2007
Loved your post; I just started MD-ing this month and found enough to cover my next set of batteries :P Still trying to get used to the different pings so I don't grab as many pop tops as I have on my first 2 times out. I hear once you have 100 hours under your belt, you have a better feel for the hobby. Besides, anyday you come home with more money than you left with is a good day by my count.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Nice load of loot there ! and it sounds like you're havin fun , so
don't worry about what others post , its ALL treasure :)

Doozis

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Now that's a good hunt! I'd be happy with that any day. Don't let Mastereagle see that zipper pull, he'll get all excited.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pentico you got a heck of alot more then I did the last couple of days! (check my last two posts) It's not always about how old or how much silver or gold, it's about just getting out there and finding stuff!! Keep at it!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I just don't understand the beginning of your post??? Great picture and some super finds. Not everyone can dig 11 gold coins, platnium rings and Colonial coins. Most dig just what you posted and I enjoyed your post. I'm sure you'd enjoy a couple gold rings and some silver coins, but so does everyone else. Great post and sweet finds!! Great variety of coins a 100+ coin day and a Spiderman car, what else do you need!!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
I just don't understand the beginning of your post??? Great picture and some super finds. Not everyone can dig 11 gold coins, platnium rings and Colonial coins. Most dig just what you posted and I enjoyed your post. I'm sure you'd enjoy a couple gold rings and some silver coins, but so does everyone else. Great post and sweet finds!! Great variety of coins a 100+ coin day and a Spiderman car, what else do you need!!

I will once again agree with Jack here...most people are looking at your picture and saying you can tell you put some hard work into digging up those coins...and honesty if there are others who do not appreciate the effort....they do not need to respond! Great hunt! :) ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread