What's new

First 1800s SILVER!!!!!

EdHartzel

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2018
Messages
270
Reaction score
790
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The oppressive heat, and daddy business have prevented me from doing much detecting this summer, so there hasn’t been much to report. Despite today being in the 80s, I stole a few hours for soul soothing beep time and went to an area I had hit hard in the past because its so close to home. Nox 600 with the small coil running at 22 sensitivity was scoring me some rusted nails and copper bits. Then, on my way to the truck- a tight clear small 20 in all directions with only a slight chirp at end. Cut wide and carefully- probe got a small hit and with my fingers out pops the tiny shiny disc. A few sprays of water and there was seated Lady Liberty looking up at me from her perch above 1859. My first seated anything, my first half dime, my first 1800s silver. I’m still smiling as I read this! The longer I detect the more I believe it to be true- nothing is EVER hunted out! Thanks for looking!! HH!!! 4B1569BE-CC7B-4B10-B343-34312BBDBD93.webp30D533C1-FED9-4151-9BC8-8BEF126A2529.webp0AA62846-2C4E-450A-BC5B-CD1D99300F62.webp
 
Upvote 90
Congrats. A lot of seated have been found lately and yours is a nice low mintage too
 
Last edited:
Congrats what a way to break into the 1800's! I still have not found a seated half dime. Very nice!
 
Congratulations that is a sweet coin!
 
That’s the kind of coin to start moving a hobby into an obsession. Congrats!!
 
Great find! Congratulations!
 
They say there's a first time for everything, and you go and get a triple play. First seated, first 1800's and first half dime. Not to mention the low mintage date, only 340,000 minted that year. Nice save!
 
Congratulations. Great shape too.
 
That's a heck of a way to get into the 1800s!
 
That's a really nice find Ed .. Congrats & HH!
 
Wht a nice coin for your first 1800's silver! Congrats!!!
 
Nice find Ed. That one is absolutely beautiful. Congrats and GL to ya.
 
Congrats, that is a great coin!
 
Very nice! The ole "on my way back to the truck" method saves the day once again. I need to start doing that more.:thumbsup:
 
Wow, that’s a trophy! I’m glad your first one was that pretty.
 
Congrats! Looks nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom