What's new

First 1800s SILVER!!!!!

EdHartzel

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2018
Messages
270
Reaction score
790
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The oppressive heat, and daddy business have prevented me from doing much detecting this summer, so there hasn’t been much to report. Despite today being in the 80s, I stole a few hours for soul soothing beep time and went to an area I had hit hard in the past because its so close to home. Nox 600 with the small coil running at 22 sensitivity was scoring me some rusted nails and copper bits. Then, on my way to the truck- a tight clear small 20 in all directions with only a slight chirp at end. Cut wide and carefully- probe got a small hit and with my fingers out pops the tiny shiny disc. A few sprays of water and there was seated Lady Liberty looking up at me from her perch above 1859. My first seated anything, my first half dime, my first 1800s silver. I’m still smiling as I read this! The longer I detect the more I believe it to be true- nothing is EVER hunted out! Thanks for looking!! HH!!! 4B1569BE-CC7B-4B10-B343-34312BBDBD93.webp30D533C1-FED9-4151-9BC8-8BEF126A2529.webp0AA62846-2C4E-450A-BC5B-CD1D99300F62.webp
 
Upvote 90
Nice finds! Here in Fl. we welcome the 80*+ days. It's a lot better than the 98* days.... I've just started going back out because 84* is so comfortable... You are right. It's never hunted out. Most will not dig a bad signal and most don't understand how their detector works so some can benefit from their inexperience. PA is a gold mind. Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the beautiful coin!
 
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
“ soul soothing beep time “ LOL I love the saying! And the find
 
Congrats on your first 1800's silver. That's a nice one.
 
Beautiful! The best finds...the deepest...oldest...and "silveriest" :occasion14: always come for me AFTER I have pounded and pounded a site. Once the signals get sparse, you have no choice but to take some chances on more iffy hits. Good work!
 
Awesome coin! Congratulations.
 
Congratulations and welcome to a very exclusive club! I'll never forget the day I found my first seated dime which is now my profile pic and a seated half dime about a month or so later.
 
Great hunt !
She is a beauty .....
 
ole what a feeling!! awesome find and congrats on your first 1800's silv. and a half dime at that..The same thing happened to me many years ago. My first silver coin of any kind was a half dime that I've never done anything to but run a little water over it.
 
Sweet find, congrats! :occasion14:
 
1859? Dang! You didn't toe the line. Nicely done! I've probably got 10 1800s silvers but no Seated yet. Still working on it!
 
Good job, man! Congrats!
 
Well done Ed! Congrats ����
You said I’d get that 1800s silver soon!! I’ll hit you up in the next couple weeks- (after early duck season) I have a couple spots on your side of the river!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom