What's new

First 2 Half Boxes ever ** Updated**

Pirate Hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I just picked up my first 2 half boxes to search.

So far I have done one and the results are ok I guess:

2 - 1968 - 40%
1 - 1980 Medio Peso 12 1/2 Gramos Same size as a Half Dollar. Anyone know any info about this coin?

Search results are a little weird and couldnt tell if its silver or not. It looks like it but I have no idea. I will post pics later.

Second box is done and the results are a little better but not not much:

1 - 1969 - 40%
1 - 1964 - 90%
1 - 1948 Beji

1 - 1989 Medio Peso Domincan Rebublic coin. Any info?

Not so good. Not really worth my time. Will try one more time though.
 
Upvote 0
Re: First 2 Half Boxes ever

I'm getting a box next week and I hope to find more than you did. I quit for a while but I'm looking at getting back into it. The thing is, just finding a couple 40's doesn't make it worthwhile for me time wise or financially. Glad you found something though. :thumbsup:
 
Re: First 2 Half Boxes ever

packerbacker said:
I'm getting a box next week and I hope to find more than you did. I quit for a while but I'm looking at getting back into it. The thing is, just finding a couple 40's doesn't make it worthwhile for me time wise or financially. Glad you found something though. :thumbsup:

But the next big score could be in the next box. That is what keeps me going. I just dumped $4000 today and netted 3 40% and a proof.
 
Your right. Don't bother. It's not worth it. All the silver is gone. :icon_jokercolor: Really though, if you give up that easy then this hobby is not for you. If you expect to get rich it ain't gonna happen.
 
enamel7 said:
Your right. Don't bother. It's not worth it. All the silver is gone. :icon_jokercolor: Really though, if you give up that easy then this hobby is not for you. If you expect to get rich it ain't gonna happen.

I dont expect to get rich, not the reason I got into it. I like the hunt. I guess im like most people that want to get more than I got. I would love to get a box like the guy who got 100+ keepers. Takes time....
 
Well u did alright P.H. I have only been getting 5-6 keepers outta of 4 boxes lately compared to 30-40 in Oct and Nov. wasnt able to get any in Dec. had to switch from Brinks to CWI... 1 keeper out of 4 boxes today. Anyways hang in there and you will end up punching some good boxes at some point , Ed
 
It is a lottery - also got one today out of four boxes. I guess the silver is all gone, might as well call it a day.

Maine_Jim

:D
 
Not a bad start!!!! :thumbsup:
 
You have to turn the numbers. It is all about the numbers.
 
If you are truly in it for the hunt, switch to pennies or nickels. You will always find something worth keeping. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom