fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally had a couple minutes to try out the telephoto lens I recently purchased. The wind was blowing about 20mph and gusting to about 30 so the pictures aren't as sharp as I hoped. Nikon 200-500 fx lens on a D5200 dx camera. I hope to upgrade to a Z series Nikon but will have to sell my soul first!
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics! It looks like you have cedar waxwings. Those are the slickest looking birds alive! We only see them occasionally. A flock will appear on a cedar or crabapple and strip it bare. Then gone for another yr. You’re lucky to have those!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to see someone else using a "real" camera to snap some GREAT & CLEAR photos.
several tricks you can do with 2x and 3x adapters, plus filters.
way to go I really like the pics

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics! It looks like you have cedar waxwings. Those are the slickest looking birds alive! We only see them occasionally. A flock will appear on a cedar or crabapple and strip it bare. Then gone for another yr. You’re lucky to have those!
They were just passing through. My back property line is 191 feet and it is lined with holly bushes about 6 feet tall. The Waxwings came through and stripped every ripe berry off of them in about an hour and were gone. I was lucky to be home when they invaded!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread