Dave2000
Full Member
- Joined
- Oct 13, 2014
- Messages
- 105
- Reaction score
- 226
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Long Island, N.Y.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Coils: 5x8, stock, Tornado)
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
My first Barber coin (dime), recovered on Saturday. Clean 82 on my AT Pro, immediately followed by a 1917-P Buffalo (live dig here: https://streamable.com/nlb3) and when I re-checked the site the next day, I picked up a faint signal underneath a log right next to where they were that turned out to be a 1918-P wheat. In addition to my first Barber, the Buffalo is my earliest with a readable date. Very nice detail on the wheat (see pic) so I'm guessing the spill was close to 1918.
This is the same site where I found 4 Draped Bust LC's in a spill last year and I've visited this site often since then with no other noteworthy finds until these. Thanks for looking!




This is the same site where I found 4 Draped Bust LC's in a spill last year and I've visited this site often since then with no other noteworthy finds until these. Thanks for looking!




Upvote
18
Seems like that site has plenty more treasures, you'll just have to work for it.






