What's new

First beach water hunt of the year...James Avery silver.

lookindown

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
7,110
Reaction score
4,937
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for our first water hunt of the year and had a great time. Water was 75 degrees and the spring break crowds were huge. I got a James Avery silver chain with silver cross...20 inches, 9.6 grams...Davidfl got two silver rings and a nice pair of Rayban sunglasses...Bigmike got a pile of goodies, including gold...He took a video of the hunt with his GoPro and is going to post it in the Beach And Shallow Water forum...cant wait to get back out there...good luck to everyone.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0005.webp
    IMG_0005.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0002.webp
    IMG_0002.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0075.webp
    IMG_0075.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0074.webp
    IMG_0074.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0073.webp
    IMG_0073.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0072.webp
    IMG_0072.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0004.webp
    IMG_0004.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0071.webp
    IMG_0071.webp
    138.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0001.webp
    IMG_0001.webp
    28 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0003.webp
    IMG_0003.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 14
I'm diggin' that!

 
That's a nice find ! - That particular cross design is one of James Avery's earliest designs .
 
That's a nice find ! - That particular cross design is one of James Avery's earliest designs .
Yeah, it looks like its been worn for quite awhile.
 
Way to LiD! Love to see the video of you Florida Pirates!
 
That's a beauty- I would wear it sometimes!
 
James Avery's production casting is pretty big - so while the design may be early , who knows when your piece was produced ?
I too have found a few Avery pieces (all rings I think ) and I would be very excited to find that cross ! He first started as a one
man operation out of his garage in Kerrville ,Texas,( now he's internationally known ). I think he designed that cross back in the
mid to later 1950's . It is an excellent find .
 
I found some pics of the same cross that were marked STER., so I don't think mine is one of the older ones because its marked .925...I know they still mark some stuff sterling but the .925 is usually a newer mark.
 
Wow love that chain and cross....:icon_thumleft:
 
BigMike is posting his video in Beach and Shallow Water this afternoon.
 
Can't wait to see it! Way to go!


Sent from a empty soda can!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom