ArmyJoe
Full Member
So I hit a local park that has given up silver in the past. I've pulled a total of four silver items from this park one separate occasions. The ground at this place is stingy when it's dry so I'm hoping for a little rain soon to loosen the parks grip on things!
Anyway today, I decided to go by an old tree on a hill where I pulled my first silver from and I got a strong quarter signal in the middle of a bunch of nickel and foil signals. I decided to dig one big plug and see what all came up. First, the Franklin half dropped out of the plug then I pinpointed a 1961 Jefferson nickel followed by a dozen or so pull tabs. I replaced the plug and got a solid pull tab signal with a scratchy tone and dug the religious pendant.
Lately, I've been digging any quarter signal even if it goes away when I switch to all metal. It's paid off as I've found a barber quarte a week ago, a merc this past weekend, and now the half! Totally stoked about these finds!
Hope y'all are getting your coils over some great stuff too!
Joe
Anyway today, I decided to go by an old tree on a hill where I pulled my first silver from and I got a strong quarter signal in the middle of a bunch of nickel and foil signals. I decided to dig one big plug and see what all came up. First, the Franklin half dropped out of the plug then I pinpointed a 1961 Jefferson nickel followed by a dozen or so pull tabs. I replaced the plug and got a solid pull tab signal with a scratchy tone and dug the religious pendant.
Lately, I've been digging any quarter signal even if it goes away when I switch to all metal. It's paid off as I've found a barber quarte a week ago, a merc this past weekend, and now the half! Totally stoked about these finds!
Hope y'all are getting your coils over some great stuff too!
Joe

Upvote
26
Sounds like your having fun digging iffy's and being rewarded with treasure.






