What's new

First box

joshmd5132

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So I picked up my FIRST box of halves ever. I was so excited, key word WAS. I got skunked. It sucks, I found 2 2002 p and 1 2003 p. So it was kinda cool. But where is the silver at? Does any one get halves rolled in white paper the ends are spiralled white and black? If you have got these wrappers, did you have any luck? I wanna find a benny and a walker. Thanks for your help. I have another box coming Friday so maybe next time.
 
Upvote 0
joshmd5132 said:
So I picked up my FIRST box of halves ever. I was so excited, key word WAS. I got skunked. It sucks, I found 2 2002 p and 1 2003 p. So it was kinda cool. But where is the silver at? Does any one get halves rolled in white paper the ends are spiralled white and black? If you have got these wrappers, did you have any luck? I wanna find a benny and a walker. Thanks for your help. I have another box coming Friday so maybe next time.
Luck of the draw. Your next box could hold some silver, or you could have a string of 20-30 skunks. No guarantee. Good luck. ffd
 
Joshmd,

If you do a box a week, eventually you will score some silver. It really doesn't matter where the boxes come from, it's a crapshoot.
You stand a better chance of scoring if you can convince a teller to sell you a bag of loose.
 
All banks have bags of loose? Which ones would I have the best chance of getting a bag?
 
I cant find bags in MD
 
Sorry about the skunk. However, the key is patience. Try to get your box every week. Also, ask for loose rolls and loose halves from every bank you go into. Most banks don't have anything, but if you ride it out, you will get some nice handwrapped rolls with some Silver. I also do an occasional box of nickels or dimes as a back-up when I can't get halves and I need a coin fix. 2 Friday's ago I hit a solid roll of Buffalo's ( 40 of 40) - and all because my half delivery was delayed but I refused to be shutout that day. Good Luck.
 
there are 2 keys to success in CRH.....Patience and Perserverence....the finds will come. :thumbsup:
I cant find bags in MD
ditto in Pa.....must be an east coast thing :icon_scratch:
 
Mercury63 said:
Sorry about the skunk. However, the key is patience. Try to get your box every week. Also, ask for loose rolls and loose halves from every bank you go into. Most banks don't have anything, but if you ride it out, you will get some nice handwrapped rolls with some Silver. I also do an occasional box of nickels or dimes as a back-up when I can't get halves and I need a coin fix. 2 Friday's ago I hit a solid roll of Buffalo's ( 40 of 40) - and all because my half delivery was delayed but I refused to be shutout that day. Good Luck.

I started doing nickels just for this same reason. Cant get halfs all the time so I just buy boxes and rolls of loose nickels hopeing for that solid roll of Buffalo's. Only found one so far.... :o Gotta keep that money in coins all the time so you up your chance of finding something.

Congrats on the 40 for 40. Nice roll.
 
joshmd5132 said:
So I picked up my FIRST box of halves ever. I was so excited, key word WAS. I got skunked. It sucks, I found 2 2002 p and 1 2003 p. So it was kinda cool. But where is the silver at? Does any one get halves rolled in white paper the ends are spiralled white and black? If you have got these wrappers, did you have any luck? I wanna find a benny and a walker. Thanks for your help. I have another box coming Friday so maybe next time.

I did 12-15 boxes a week In the month of August. I pulled 2 Walkers and 9 Ben's so If you are only doing 1 box a week It could take a while. Or maybe your next box. But if you keep searching, eventually you will find one. Oh and some have gone through 20 and 30 boxes of skunks in a row so be prepared for disappointment. If you have another CRH'r in your area the supply could be depleted. But silver does get turned in every day somewhere in America.

Mojo
 
Josh,

Don't get discouraged. Keep trying. Sooner or later, you'll get something that you're happy with. It may be 1 half, it may be 100 halves. Just enjoy yourself, and share the glory with us!

Happy hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom