First carved bullet!!

sms28

Jan 16, 2012
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found my first carved bullet the other day at a cavalry post! It doesn't have the same oxidation that the other bullets I found have which is a little confusing, but it was stuck inside two 45-70 shells that were put together for whatever reason. Didn't find anything else too exciting at the camp other then 2 more cannon fuses or whatever they're called. The next day I finally found a railroad camp I've been trying to locate for the last two years. The camp extremely trashy so it was hard to hunt. There's about 10000 lead soldered cans and pieces laying around. It was there in the 1890's. I found some really nice insulators walking along the R&R and the oldest insulator was found in the camp. Dating back to the 1880's. And naturally it's the only broken one.:BangHead:

first two pictures are from the cavalry post second md two are from the railroad camp.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 5

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds lots of history in AZ I dug electrical conduit there had to use a pick and water just to break ground Hows the digging where you are. Those are some really cool finds keep at it and keep posting Thanks Tommy

OP
OP
S

sms28

Jan 16, 2012
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds lots of history in AZ I dug electrical conduit there had to use a pick and water just to break ground Hows the digging where you are. Those are some really cool finds keep at it and keep posting Thanks Tommy

The groind is is pretty good where I'm at! There's a couple places I go where it's really hard but most places are easy digging. Thanks!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carved lead is my favorite find. It's so personal. I'd say the shell casings protected it from the elements some and slowed the oxidation. Great find!

HH RN

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool relic finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

sms28

Jan 16, 2012
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Carved lead is my favorite find. It's so personal. I'd say the shell casings protected it from the elements some and slowed the oxidation. Great find!

HH RN

yeah I've always wanted to find some so I was pretty stoked! I pulled the shells apart because my grandpa found some one time pulled them apart and they were full of gold flakes! Not quite gold but carved lead has been somewhat of a bucket list find for me for a while now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread