FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. *UPDATE 3* RING SENT

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
I found my first class ring with the SE today in a HS sports field. It's a nice one too! Sure enough, my digital camera has crapped out, so no picture. It's got the owner's name and class date (1993). I was able to get his address and phone number from his alumni association. Tried calling but no answer. I'll try again tomorrow. He's gonna get a nice surprize and maybe my karma will improve.

**UPDATE 1:
I made contact with the school's alumni association president and she told me that the ring's owner has moved to LA. She also told me that her sister has been in contact with him via Myspace. She will email him with the news of the find. More to follow!

**UPDATE 2, CONTACT MADE!!
I got a call this afternoon on my cell phone all the way from Los Angeles, CA. It was the owner of the ring! He was damn near speechless and could hardly believe that he was going to get his ring returned. He told me that when he lost it he and his brother searched for it for 2 days. He wanted to know what he owed me and I just told him to do a good deed later himself and pass some good karma along to someone else. I feel pretty good about the outcome too and I'm rewarding myself with a couple beers. It's amazing that all of this has happened since Sunday. Isn't the internet wonderful?
He gave me his mailing address and I'm gonna send it off tomorrow.

**UPDATE 3, RING SENT!
I sent the ring off today. I asked the owner to email me a picture of him wearing it. After I get the picture I'll post it for everyone to see.

Pete

(burp!!)

Upvote 0
Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out

Great job Yeasty. I hope you can return the ring successfully. Congrats,
MM

I did the research probably close to a year ago, so it is a little dated, but the Canon A540 I bought my wife is a sweet little camera.

Wow.....that's great. Let us know how that turns out!

HH,
Moon

That's awesome...To see the reaction on their face will be a memory of a lifetime. Keep us in the loop...Congrats

Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. **UPDATE 1**

See update above.

Yeasty said:
See update above.

Great job. Keep us posted.
-MM-

WoW! SUPER find and even better to have found the owner! I'm sure he's going to be happy to hear the news! Way to go!

Nana :)

Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. *UPDATE 2* CONTACT MADE!!

See 2nd update above!!

Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. *UPDATE 2* CONTACT MADE!!

;) BRAVO Great find for the both of you. It's all about whats in your heart. Congrats!!! ;D ;D ;D

Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. *UPDATE 2* CONTACT MA

Very cool!

I'm happy for you too so I think I'll have a couple beer's too :D Nice going Yeasty!!!

Re: FIRST CLASS RING and sure enough, my camera craps out. *UPDATE 2* CONTACT MA

Hey Pete ,, GREAT story,, I have yet to find a class ring. Guzz1

Awesome! Good Karma is coming your way. And a couple of good beers doesn't hurt either! ::) Thanks for the update! Glad he got his ring back and thank you for making us look good!

HH,
Moon

Hey! Have HIM send you a picture when he gets it with him wearing it....then you can share and save the pic too!

Thanks tabfinder!!
Great idea!!

wonderful deed done.

Third update is above.

Pete,
I'm drinking one tonight as a toast to you and your good deed. "A toast to Pete!!!"
Awesome job. Can't wait to see a picture of the guy wearing it.
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back