Upvote 33

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

Found this coin today, which I think is a King George II half penny. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this a little cleaner?
Looks fairly good to me, is other side worse? I'd be happy with that myself. Nice find!

OP
OP
M

mattwebb677

May 29, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
A great find and welcome to the forum !
"Andre's Pencils" work really well for cleaning old copper coins and bringing out the details.
You can watch a videos on how to use them on Youtube - a set only costs about $18.00 on the internet.
Just ordered a set! Thank you very very much!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

Found this coin today, which I think is a King George II half penny. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this a little cleaner?
Holy cow! That's your first coin? You can step to the head of the freshman class as far as I see it. Congratulations. Be sure to go over that road and anything surrounding that is permissible several, no, many times,

OP
OP
M

mattwebb677

May 29, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Holy cow! That's your first coin? You can step to the head of the freshman class as far as I see it. Congratulations. Be sure to go over that road and anything surrounding that is permissible several, no, many times,
Thank you, sir!

Yep my first coin! The property is owned by my family, so I have free reign. They rerouted the road decades ago, but you can still follow the old road cut through the woods, but there’s lots of trees down and the ground is rocky, but I got lucky with this one! The road used to lead passed an old one-room schoolhouse (my parents barn) so I was looking for stuff potentially dropped by the kids, but the age of this blew me away.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T- Net. That's a great old half penny. I really wouldn't do anything more to it. You might end up losing some of the nice detail. I'd hate to tell you how many large cents I have made worse by trying to make them look better. Congrats on a fantastic find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread