What's new

First cufflink

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
10,842
Golden Thread
0
Went back to spot I went Saturday. Got this cufflink. Anyone recognize the symbols? I see a knights helmet.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1465.webp
    IMG_1465.webp
    738.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1466.webp
    IMG_1466.webp
    1 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 23
Does that say "FBD"? I'd wager the F stands for Fraternal. It's likely from some sort of order but I don't recognize it. Maybe someone knows. Neat find!
 
Went back to spot I went Saturday. Got this cufflink. Anyone recognize the symbols? I see a knights helmet.

I believe it's from the Knights of Pythias. FCB stands for Friendship, Charity and Benevolence which was the basis of their fraternity.
I believe SYJ is on to something here, many of the Knights of Pythias rings, pins, tie-tacs, etc. have a shield with a knights helmet above it with either crossed pole axes or crossed swords on them with F B C on the shield.
Here's some photos showing couple both.

Swords

1761604801897.webp

1761604919190.webp


Pole Axes

1761604973823.webp


1761605090846.webp
 
Nice find ! Way to go
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom