First day out in 15 years

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
The last time i went metal detecting was in my back yard as a kid 15 years ago. So i got my new cibola 2 days ago an took my nephew out today. got started a little late due to an accident i couldnt get out of my house until 2 hours late so i head down an pick up the nephew he is quite a digger. went to an 100 year old school house rodeo ring also to the right of it. It was hot. not as in a hot site but it was 103 out. This place was so full of 100 years of bottle caps pull tabs an can trash i would get beeps everytime i went over the ground im still trying to figure out the sensitvity.

wel our first hit was a 308 automatic cartridge. not as exciting for him as it was for me. Then next 2 were .45 caliber slugs. one very clean an the other with a dent of where it may have hit a rock. The ground was tough i had to use a hand pick axe to get in the dirt. Anyone with expiernce with tough texas soil i could use a few pointers on what to use. Found a decal of what i belive is a 72 chevy an a vey rusted kitchen knife. while i was diggining the knif my nephew pointed out somthing in the whole. It was a total shock a perfect clovis point. no flaws tip intact. Indians have been known in this area but a heavy traffic area over 100 years old i wouldnt ever expect this.

well to hot to spend mre then 45 minutes to an hour out we both had nice sun burns ill try to get pictures up tommrow of the finds.

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
How could you possibly stay away for fifteen years? Unreal! Glad to see you are back at it and taking the nephew also! Cool Find on the clovis point ! Looking forward to seeing the pic!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice productive day.....great finds

HH
-GC

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cladius said:
Good going! I'll take the spear point any day over a coin. cladius.
Me too! :o

That Texas soil sounds like Bama soil! :D

And the heat! I think 45 minutes is about right! :-\

Great that you are hunting again Jason! Congrats on your finds!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread