First day out with my new VX3 and Im yelling, PLATE PLATE PLATE!

RebelYeller

May 6, 2014
Toano, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,
Tesoro Tejon,
White's VX3,
White's TRX,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
XP Deus, XP Deus 2, XP MI-6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First day out with my new VX3 and I'm yelling, PLATE PLATE PLATE!

Went out yesterday to a local hunting spot that my buddy and I have done a hundred times. He recently got a XP Deus and I just got a White's VX3. I am new to the VX3 so I decided to take it for a spin. My buddy almost immediately started finding round balls with the Deus. Half way through the day's hunt, I have almost nothing, and I actually yell to him, "If I don't find at least one bullet with this new machine, I..." That is as far as I got with that sentence. I got a weird signal, and the VX3 showed a plate on the screen. I thought..yeah right, but dug anyway. 6 inches of dirt and clay later, the letters SNY came into view, and the rest as they say is history!!

Attachments

• 2015-04-13 13.25.40.jpg
    2015-04-13 13.25.40.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20150413_150813.jpg
    IMG_20150413_150813.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
  • 20150415_072111.jpg
    20150415_072111.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Upvote 25
Great find! I would love to add a SNY plate to my collection. Congratulations!

Steve

Bea-u-ti-ful! Don't they look so pretty coming out of the ground?!

Sweet! Plate Man.
A BIG CONGRATZ!!
Davers

Rebel - When that pic came up on my phone, I actually said out loud, "NO stinking' WAY!!" What a great find. The history of the spot you were hunting, knowing which unit was there . . . finding one of their plates . . . this would be a banner day in ANY CW relic hunter's book. So much for my "hot spots" huh?! I know you were sparing the feelings of "our good friend" by not telling the WHOLE story, but oh it's a doozy! Oil tank indeed . . . (Sorry MD)

Certainly something to get excited over!...Congrats

Rebel - As you know, three of us went yesterday, ALL DAY and all our stuff PUT TOGETHER wouldn't touch YOUR find. Congrats again!

Very nice . Congrats

Rebel - As you know, three of us went yesterday, ALL DAY and all our stuff PUT TOGETHER wouldn't touch YOUR find. Congrats again!

Didn't know yall went out, but our friend will not be happy until he joins our plate club!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back