First day with MD. Found first Indian!

tempe812

Greenie
Sep 4, 2006
Alabama USA
Detector(s) used
FISHER ID Excel
Now if I could just find a copper indian! Hi I'm new to this but have always wanted to get into it. Have been reading this forum for a few weeks and decided to join. Then decided to buy detectors. We just got our 2 new Fisher ID excel's on friday and my hubby has been playing with them while I've been working. (Not fair!) But I am off during the week and am getting busy. Just playing around in the front yard of our house. Farm has been in the family for several generations. I think the indian is too old to have been played with by my uncles but, thought they may have belonged to my grandpa or his brothers. The pennies are 2 wheat's a 1945 D and a 1956 D. also found a pull tab, some nails and a brass thingie.
Not a great find, but I am happy. I feel like I am getting to know some of you from reading your posts, and I have to say I hope I have half the sucess y'all are having. Gypsy, like your style, wish I had done this with my kids when they were little. Your girls are going to have great memories. Later all, will be reading every day or so.
HH, Tempe

Attachments

• indian and pennies.jpg
    indian and pennies.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
LoL great post. Your title certainly had me fooled. That's a unique indian head for sure.

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby. Will be looking forward to your posts and your finds.

Good luck and congratulations on the wheaties, but most of all for finding a hobby that both of you can enjoy.

Postalrevnant

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You are off to a great start. Congrats on these awesome first finds.
Welcome to the Forum and good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thats a really great place you have to hunt if its been in the family for generations. Wow..just about everything you dig up is going to be part of your family history. How cool is that! That little Indian is a good start to all the hidden treasures. Good luck on your finds and we look forward to seeing your pics and stories!

OP
OP
tempe812

tempe812

Greenie
Sep 4, 2006
Alabama USA
Detector(s) used
FISHER ID Excel
Thanks everyone for the reads and the encouragment. I know its going to be a lot of fun. :D My son wants to join in with us too. HH tempe

R

rvbvetter

I think it was made in honor of that great chief. "Bear Run too fast"
The great chief (who was notoriously slow of foot) was later to be renamed "Hopping Bear".
I've an Excel and their a good choice of detector. Very light and very good depth. If your at an old site, listen for those soft faint repeatable signals. I'm sure you'll make many great finds with them. Enjoy and welcome to the forum, the both of you. HH

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Nice finds and welcome to TreasureNet! Are you sure thats an Indian? It sorta' looks more like a tribal African soldier with our exaggerated stereotyped facial features from yesteryear.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Welcome to the forum nice indian. Its good you have a farm to hunt that has been in your family for generations. Any finds will be good finds. HH Ted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread