What's new

First dimes today, no luck-

jcole8

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I just heard about CRH this week I have been collecting and saving found silver for a while scored about 3 silver rosies and a 1953 washington in change over the last few years. So today I bought my first 32 rolls of dimes, did not get any silver . So I called my old bank (moved about 40 miles away) and asked if they had any halves she told me that they had several. As a poor college kid I will only be able to buy $200 worth. She then told me that their currier would be able to deliver the halves to a branch thats about 8 miles from where I live now!They will be there for me on Friday and I can not wait! (also as i was getting my dimes today I scored 18 Ikes at 1 bank, not silver but still neat)

read through the whole introduction but ill take any advice and wishes of beginners luck
thanks
-J
 
Upvote 0
Getting handrolled halves delivered to a branch closer to home? Now thats service! :icon_thumleft:

Good luck!
 
Welcome to the hunt. Ive been doing this for a few months now, and its been alot of fun. All the people on the forum have been very helpfull . All you have to do is look, and you will find the silver. good luck.
 
Quantity, Quantity, Quantity - - That $200 will go a long way if you make multiple drops each week. My 1K each week ends up being about 10K looked through each week as I drop everyday and reload - sometimes multiple drops in one day. The more you look the more the more you will find. Good luck.
 
Nice! thats a lot of drops in a week, I felt a little strange asking for the coins but I am sure that will change once I hit the first silver. Not sure I have the kind of time to turn halves that fast but we will see.
I know that pre 64 is 90% and 65-70s are 40% but is there anything else i should know about these halves before i start tossing the clad ?
 
nice bank service u got there!!! heres a list of what to look for:
1974-D doubled die obverse halves
2002-date is Not Intended For Circulation (NIFC)
1987 (D & P) is also NIFC
not only pre 1964 is silver, 1964 is too (haha i had to be a smart a$$)
all halves with an "S" mintmark are proofs
foreign coins
various errors that are obvious (clipped planchets, blank coins etc.)
commemoratives
halves that are missing the "FG" (engravers initials on reverse...google it or PM me and ill explain if necessary)
magic trick halves (again, PM me if needed)
gold plated halves

these are the things youll need to look out for...PM me if you have anymore questions, or any questions about the above list, id be happy to help you out! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom