What's new

First ever silver today!!!!

IrishRooney13

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Paltz, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first ever silver today..Its not much but its my first so I'm extremely excited. I found it in the park in my town where some bleachers used to stand. The earliest mention of the park being used as a public meeting place is from a newspaper in 1906 so I knew it had to be a good place to look. Was only there for an hour, I found around 3 dollars in clad and this 1944 merc dime. Again, I know its not much but its my first and my heart skipped a beat when I saw it pop out of the ground. Hope yall like it. (The background of the pic is a crappy old cracked painting from my friends room...figured it would bring out the details in the coin better than anything else)

Ryan
 

Attachments

  • firstsilver.webp
    firstsilver.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,186
Upvote 0
Nice silver! I have dug a fair amount of silver... but never a merc. we go out and hunt... and my wife and father pop up mercs all around me and Im diggin rosies... haha Dont get me wrong I will take any silver I can get..... but that merc keeps dodging my coil.... nice find....
 
Congrats on finding your first silver coin Ryan and a Merc too! :hello2:
You're right, taking the time to do research can really pay off over time.
Once you locate these older sites, you can literally hunt them for years
if nobody's been there before you! :icon_thumright:

Here's a pic of my first silver find, it's small and ugly, but it's mine! :laughing7:

Best of luck to you,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 1918 Silver Nickel.webp
    1918 Silver Nickel.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 1918 Silver Nickel.webp
    1918 Silver Nickel.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 487
Way to go...Hopefuly many more to come!
 
Congrats on your 1st silver :icon_thumright: , sounds like that place will produce some more!

TommNJ
 
!ecin yreV
lraC

(These are now three words Spell Check added to it's dictionary)
Great first silver find, mine was a shiny, yet dull, Roosie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom