Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
I know that in the recent past a negative review was given on an import and the thread was scrubbed and videos disappeared. There must have been pressure from somewhere to get that done I would think. A bit of luck has kept this one afloat.
Not to mention another forum as I know it's not cool here, but years ago I was kicked out of another forum for reviewing the customer service from a big metal detector supply company Apparently you can't do that unless it is a positive. But talk about getting jumped all over with a quickness, like wow.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the review metaldetectorguy. I had planned on buying one of these, but between this and the contest, I will scratch it off the list.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to mention another forum as I know it's not cool here, but years ago I was kicked out of another forum for reviewing the customer service from KellyCo. Apparently you can't do that unless it is a positive. But talk about getting jumped all over with a quickness, like wow.

Sometimes forums can be more about pleasing their dealer base than informing the public when something is wrong. If dealers are the only revenue for a forum, it will usually tend bias towards dealers.

I respect the dealers here and try to shoot them business because of their honesty, their help in bringing the forum to us and their participation with information on threads (and not always to get a sale).

TNet is modded perfectly, IMO. The problems on this thread seem justified, and Deteknix could reply here but choose not to. If they did, the mods would protect them from bashing and insults the same as the members. And sometimes TNet let's us self moderate, trying to cool down a heated subject.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes forums can be more about pleasing their dealer base than informing the public when something is wrong. If dealers are the only revenue for a forum, it will usually tend bias towards dealers.

I respect the dealers here and try to shoot them business because of their honesty, their help in bringing the forum to us and their participation with information on threads (and not always to get a sale).

TNet is modded perfectly, IMO. The problems on this thread seem justified, and Deteknix could reply here but choose not to. If they did, the mods would protect them from bashing and insults the same as the members. And sometimes TNet let's us self moderate, trying to cool down a heated subject.
Members can discuss issues with dealers and or supporting vendors, what they can't do is bash just to bash. Same rules that apply to members applies to supporting vendors.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it comes down to the Truth is allowed.
If you can back up what you say your fine.

If your just joining it to attack or put Down. tread lightly.

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys,

As a beta tester of Deteknix, I have prefer to take a bit of time to post on this section.

For sure the sample of metaldetectorguy is a defective unit, I had one in hand with nos coil or cable issue. This had happened in the past on the previews and beta series of Deteknix. If I take a reçcnt example, I have received almost a year ago 3 samples of their XPointer Diver. I took 1 for me and gave 1 to each of my scuba mates. We did not have a single issue with those 3 sample..... which was not the case of Muddy Diver who experienced leaks during his first dive.

Now to come back on the Quest Pro, to be honest with you I had NO Expectation at all for a $700 detector offering:
- waterproofing capabilitie
- wireless phone
- An excellent pinpointer in the box
- Bag
- Cap
...and I probably forget some stuff..

When rolled out, CTX was over $3000 with no accessories and most of the early adopters have resold their machine a few weeks after :dontknow:

Deus? It's a very expensive machine in the same configuration then the Quest Pro with no PInpointer, no bag, no cap and NOT Waterproof. Deus is for me one of the reference detector'on the market. It is 4 years old now (nearly 5), first sample where very fragile and many many bugs. Software is now mature but did had a few problem before becoming this top perfomance machine.

I didn't had time to really use the Quest Pro and air test have almost no value for me. Before really use it on the difficult terrain where the Deus has been developped (high mineralization) I want to get use to it in the water during a surf hunt.

Will push shortly on youtube the vid of this hunt

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. After all of the hype associated with the rolling out of this detector it looks like a big letdown.
Also, the whole contest fiasco didn't help matters.

I stand by my XPointer but I'm glad I didn't make any plans to try one of those detectors.

But, (there's always a but) in all fairness, this is their first crack at an actual metal detector. Hopefully, they'll learn from their mistakes as well as do whatever it takes to make their unhappy detector customers happy.

There are no failures. There are only results. If they take stock of what's going on here and move forward they could still have a happy ending. It all depends on what choice they make now and what they do next.

I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, where is the Fiasco? Product has not been lunched yet / not the MDG version...

I do agree concerning the tested software version by MDG. Can't say much more on the following releases but "improvements are coming".

In any case I had a hardware problem, just find the harm rest is too thine for my size and the screen orientation is not perfect again according to my size

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys, where is the Fiasco? Product has not been lunched yet / not the MDG version...

I do agree concerning the tested software version by MDG. Can't say much more on the following releases but "improvements are coming".

In any case I had a hardware problem, just find the harm rest is too thine for my size and the screen orientation is not perfect again according to my size

Silence can be deafening. From last year, Deteknix announced that the Quest Pro was to be "available" mid December 2015 and 2 other Quest models available in January 2016. As it's February 2016, and their forum here is not updated by them, yes Fiasco seems to apply.

deteknix-quest-price.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No different than other releases. Fisher's release of the F11, 22 and 44 was late according to their original projection of release.

Frog is testing a pre-release model just like other manufacturers do, from the pre-release reviews they learn what needs to be changed.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my thought that Deteknix's past and present handling of their products (whether beta of otherwise) has given the buying public a very food sample of what to expect in the future.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro

I had the completed version. Oh and so we admit the software is messed up now that I revealed the coil is busted...

Last edited by a moderator:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the completed version. Oh and so we admit the software is messed up now that I revealed the coil is busted...

It has not to do with racism :laughing7: I do agree with you beta testing takes time ! I'm sure Deteknix will have a positive reaction and they are taking into accounts what happens with you.

They were probably under pressure and wanted to roll out the Quest before having a really finalized product.

Maybe we where all expecting too much from this machine from day 1, and it highlights that entering into the MD market is not that easy and takes time and a lot of engineering.

I had the opportunity in the pas to join the DEUS testers an regularly make some hunt with now version of DEUS software / coils : process takes time and patience

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No different than other releases. Fisher's release of the F11, 22 and 44 was late according to their original projection of release.

Frog is testing a pre-release model just like other manufacturers do, from the pre-release reviews they learn what needs to be changed.

I understand delays. I don't understand lack of communication about them.

Fisher gave us an extended date on Facebook.

Kevin Morton Your run time says March 1, 2015 to June 1, 2015.
Like · Reply · June 24, 2015 at 7:13pm

Fisher Research Labs Good catch Kevin Morton we've updated it to July 15th, 2015. Thank you!
Like · Reply · 1 · June 24, 2015 at 7:18pm

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was never a beta tester and don't appreciate the Deteknix reps calling me racist. As far as I am concerned that is where I draw the line and this company has set the stage for themselves. Now please tell your boss to get his minions off my back or I will make all relations public information and then the truth will really shine!

Deteknix my boss ?? :laughing7: No thanks ! i have no boss on top of me ... maybe my wife ? :icon_scratch:

Everybody don't have the same point of view and hopefully not everyone is taking this story as seriously as you do.

Hope we will enjoy those Quest Detectors and personally I am waiting the end of Chinese new year to receive the Quest Diver :thumbsup:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand delays. I don't understand lack of communication about them.

Fisher gave us an extended date on Facebook.

Kevin Morton Your run time says March 1, 2015 to June 1, 2015.
Like · Reply · June 24, 2015 at 7:13pm

Fisher Research Labs Good catch Kevin Morton we've updated it to July 15th, 2015. Thank you!
Like · Reply · 1 · June 24, 2015 at 7:18pm

Fischer = x100 Deteknix ! Trust me guys, MD market only has small or very small actors. I had the opportunity to visit a few of them and you would be surprise by there size.

They are not Apple, Microsoft or Google (google was supposed to lunch an update of penguin FIlter about 6 month ago..and we are still waiting since 1,5 years now)

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Deteknix my boss ?? :laughing7: No thanks ! i have no boss on top of me ... maybe my wife ? :icon_scratch:

Everybody don't have the same point of view and hopefully not everyone is taking this story as seriously as you do.

Hope we will enjoy those Quest Detectors and personally I am waiting the end of Chinese new year to receive the Quest Diver :thumbsup:

I am not taking it seriously. I am trying to forget about this junk but people just will not leave me alone. I am not trying to be harsh with you as you are actually being quite polite and I apologize if I am coming off that way but should I not be entitled to my views on a defective machine? Keeping in mind I was never told it was defective all I was told was to "Turn my discrimination up" which I said "It won't go up any higher" I had to take a barrage of attacks from racism, to Jason saying I blatantly broke the machine because I work for a big american company. (Keeping in mind one of my favorite machines is the XP Deus which is not american).

If I was a beta tester I was never told I was a beta tester (which I would of declined) but being a reviewer am I wrong to make a video of what I received? Being a nice guy I tried to help Jason out and say hey this needs to be fixed I can not, not show these issues. Instead I get treated very rudely and unfairly by trying to be a nice guy. So guess what I did....yep released the Kraken! Why don't you ask Jason what he told me when I told him he needs to address the good people on Treasure net. Treasure net is the only forum where people are cool and I felt I provided some needed justice and justice was served. I don't really care if people like me or what I had to say but ya know what. I told the truth about the machine I received and I feel good about not being a liar. Unfortunately this was the only machine I ever received that didn't work. I have no hard feeling about the machine or company (well I didn't) and I wanted it to work.

I wish you the best with the Quest Diver....Also what is your take on the bubble in the screen? Clearly they saw that when they packaged for shipment. I am surprised I was not blamed for it a well. lol

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
930198beachseries6fm.jpg

I had no issues with the screen or with the down shaft. Found the screen needs to be re oriented and arm cuff is too small.

I don't want to talk about the software before having a final machine, but up to now found some great improvements but work has to be done to raise the Quest to an upper level.

XP Deus is a french company own by a brilliant guy.... some good updates are coming and new accessories :thumbsup: seen them last november, did even had a go with some of them.

I'm sure there was a misunderstanding on both side and Deteknix is under pressure for releasing their new detector line... I'm sure positive will come out from this adventure :occasion14:

Take care MDG and hope to see some new detector test in the near futur

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDG, you can still lay your head on the pillow and go to sleep knowing that what you reported was valid. This company got caught with a product that so far has a series of adjustments before it becomes road worthy. Deteknix has very quickly became the master of the beta title in the MD industry. Getting blamed for being honest is a shame. The school of good marketing practices should be issuing them a report card with a grade that reflects their chosen standards. Beta was never mentioned until issues showed up and got mentioned. Then that term became a belated after the fact standard to cover up the ill planned release.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDG, where on here were you called racist? If it didn't here on TreasureNet please keep it off TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions