Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1364.JPGIMG_1365.JPGThis is my first find with my new Detector in Aug of this year. I found this on a very old grown over Riverbed on a remote lake in Ontario Canada. The Curator of the local Museum say's that it's an Archaic Copper Culture Spearhead dated around 3000BC. I still can't believe this is the first thing I've ever found and in the first ten minutes of detecting.

Upvote 10
WoW, very impressive! That is a very very cool copper point!

Thats a very good start. Alot better than the first thing I dug(pull tab). HH

Thats sweet looking. I bet you smiled ear to ear.

Incredible first find! Congratulations ! You do know that your pull tab to copper culture spear ratio will be like 100,000 to 1? :laughing7: That is an awesome find though really. Way to go.

Also, you might want to post this in the Copper Culture Artifact section in the Pre-Colonial Artifact forum located toward the bottom of the forum listings.

Last edited:
Very Nice find! :thumbsup: You might want to share your find on American Indian Artifacts forum.

Wow, incredible piece of history there. :icon_thumright: Congrats!!

And welcome to TNet. :hello:

HH

Just asking but a 3000bc spear head a once in a lifetime find maybe and y'all are saying send photos to magazines and such but can that be considered a Banner find.

And not to even mention the fact that it's in pristine condition. Better go back to that place and keep looking. A couple more finds like that and you can open your own museum. Well done...

What !! That's the Best first find in the history of metal detecting :hello2:

Wow congrats i had no idea such thing existed!!!

excellent find on the copper point.....congrats

wow that thing is awesome! congrats! :headbang:

And not to even mention the fact that it's in pristine condition. Better go back to that place and keep looking. A couple more finds like that and you can open your own museum. Well done...

I think its an amazing find but 'pristine condition':icon_scratch: Its had lots of ground action, piting & patina loss. This is not taking anything away from a unbeatable first find, but lets get real about its true condition.
Just put 'bronze age axe' into google images & see some good examples.

Last edited:
Wow, that is amazing! Did you find anything else that day? When are you going back? Keep us posted and scan that area well, never know what else you may find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back