Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It's winter here and the ground is still mostly hard as cement. However, due to rains and warmer weather I was able to find a couple digable spots today.

Below is my first coin found with my Tesoro DeLeon. As was expected it's only a 1994 Memorial cent. But, it's a find? ;D

It read [73 Zinc] at 2+ inches in our parking lot. This is generally where Lincoln and Indian cents read with this machine. So, I knew it was a penny before I dug it. I knew it was most likely a Memorial cent due to the shallow depth. I appreciate this cent because I nearly had to break my shovel to retrieve it.

The key was my first find of the day. I spotted it on top of the ground in one of our flower beds. Last fall we had some area teens do some dirt moving for us and they must of dug it up.

There was once an old church near here and this was probably one of their items. I think it's made of brass. At first I thought it was a real key and almost walked by it.

It's too frozen to hunt yet so I'll just have to be patient? :-\

Attachments

• found1-4-06.jpg
    found1-4-06.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 351
  • found1-4-06b.jpg
    found1-4-06b.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Key

Great finds

Kermit

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groovy find! It's nice to have the Key To Eternal Life, so easily... some folks have spent lifetimes searching for it! ;)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out! Like that key. :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice stuff zeb. ive never seen a key like that............( and if i keep up on the road im on i never will ::) ) did you get a chance to dig that target that was ringing in like a silver coin yet?

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? So thats the key to open the pearly gates?

? ? With my luck, when I get there. The escalater will be out of order, and they will have changed the gate lock.? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ?Nice find!!? ? ? ? ? ? HH

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
hollowpointred said:
did you get a chance to dig that target that was ringing in like a silver coin yet?

I tried to dig it. I had a solid signal until I got down to the level of the target then it dissapeared. It was so muddy cold and raining I decided to hang it up. On top of this I forgot to take my pinpointer or screener. I did find a shotgun shell brass on the way down to 8 inches but after I dug that I was still getting the 95.

I'm thinking I may have hit the item and pushed it on edge or maybe it was just falsing? At any rate, when better weather conditions come our way you may be sure I'll tell it like it is. Good or bad, I don't own stock in any metal detector company? :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
maybe you did just move it on edge. maybe by springtime a halo will start to form around it and youll be able to pick it up again. good luck with the tesoro. im interested in hearing how it does for you. :)

R

rvbvetter

I've run into that numerous times. Usually I can just stir the hole and the signal reappears.
Hope you find it and it's silver. Even if you are running just a Tesoro. ;D HH

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
good to see you got out. keep it up they all have a learning curve. I started with a tesoro golden and still use it . It is one of the best machines for competion hunts made in my opinion.

Timmy NY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread