Went to the beach again....

N

Nightf10182003

Let's backtrack.......A few weeks ago, I took my MD to my little nephew's house.. He is 5 years old. Apparently, this little boy knows all about treasure hunting from watching television and I have to take him with me. Unfortunately for him, his mother was just leaving and it was beginning to rain, so his adventure will have to wait. Well, a few day go by and about 100 phone calls take place and he is begging to go. He doesn't understand the concept of me having to work quite yet, but I promise him I will take him the first chance I get. Well, he and his family leave for a 7 day cruise to the Carribean on December 24th and they come back on December 31st. Apparently with all the fun on the boat and all the activities off the boat, all he can do is beg to come home to go find treasure. Well, sure enough, I get the call as soon as the happy family arrives home, but I can't take him on Sunday(the 1st) because I play Racquetball on Sundays and then I had the Jaguars game in the afternoon. I promised him that as soon as I woke up on Monday morning, I would come and get him and go to the beach. I get to his house about 830am and he was still asleep, so I went next door to visit friends. Well, he wakes up shortly and the first words out of his mouth are " Is Uncle Jay-Jay here yet?" (that's me)....So, we went to the beach that I found all the Clad on the weekend before. By the way..I bought him a cheapo Bounty Hunter for himself. We hit the beach and we immediately find Clad...he is thrilled! Then we move to another beach and he finds a brand spanking new Zippo Lighter with a pewter front that has the Jack Daniels Logo on it...this is something his daddy will like according to him, so we put it in his bag and go home. All in all he found about $3.00 in clad and the lighter...not bad for a 5 year old. Now his mother wants to kill me because he won't shut up about MDing and his backyard is now full of holes... ;D

Upvote 0

don

Jan 21, 2005
thats a great tale and its nice to hear
he will make a great hunter one day.
and he will never forget who got him there.
good on you.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
That's a great story. You're a 'Great' uncle.

BTW, his mother should be thankful you directed him to a positive hobby, and not something else. I won't presume to tell anyone how to raise their children, but I work at a place where they end up if they're not raised right.

Those holes in the back yard can be filled in, and I'm sure 'Mom' will be thrilled when Junior gives her a ring he just dug at the beach................

Congrats on having such a motivated hunting partner.

Roger
Rakkasan Raider

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a fantastic story. As grownups it's sometime hard for us to remember how exciting something like that can be to a little fella. You did a wonderful thing by taking him. I hope you get a chance to take him some more.

Kent

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
:D :D ;D I think its GREAT!!!! ;D ;D ;D I have a 5 yr old grandson and he LOVED going hunting with me and it made for a very a positive outing ! He stands there sure that we are going to find that treasure!!! What teasure , I'm not sure LOL ;D But hey it makes you feel like its a lot of fun!!! And yeah I understand the parent not understanding it...daughter didn't have the time let us hang out at the park. And sad thing is he lives in KC and I live 2 1/2 hrs away!( and a lot of gas!) So its when I'm there or not at all. :'( But I plan on taking him out alone for a few hours next time!

Gotta love these kids getting into this! ;D ;D ;D

HH
Gigi

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Great story. Sounds like your a great Uncle. Keep him on the right side of good. Hopefully his mother will take heart and laugh at all the hole in the back yard. Congrats on both your finds.

Ken

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWWWW......

What a Uncle! He'll never forget it! Great story!

;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That's a great story,,, good for you...
I'm sure that it willl be something he will never forget...
Good luck to you both, & Happy hunting~

W

wpricetr

;Dgreat story and keep that little fella modivated to keep looking for and living his adventure. Great people are influanced by great role models, and i'd say your being one.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Great story! I am curious, what model of Bounty Hunter did you get for him? I am thinking about one for my boy- he's seven.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the story ! You made his day. And memories for a lifetime for you both.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
N

Nightf10182003

Jeffro said:
Great story! I am curious, what model of Bounty Hunter did you get for him? I am thinking about one for my boy- he's seven.

It is a Bounty Hunter Scout Professional...cost about $100 new on Overstock.com. Not very good and it doesn't pinpoint well...but I had a pinpointer so it was ok when he dug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread