First finds

jtmurphree

Jul 22, 2023
Union Grove Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just recently bought my first metal detector. I finally got some time to go out and use it in the yard. This is all I have found so far. However, I did find a target at 8+ inches that I have yet to recover.I went as deep as I could, about 8.5 to 9 niches, and the target was still beyond that. I dug as deep as I could without enlarging the hole significantly which I was not comfortable doing in the front yard. Will probably try for it at a later time. had a pretty good signal.

Attachments

• 20230806_144754.jpg
    20230806_144754.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 14
That’s how it starts! Good luck on the deep signal — you never know until you dig it up.

congrats and welcome to the club! Im assuming that target that is super deep is going to turn out to be something large and iron. Like a ox or horse shoe, but you never know. hope you stick with it.

I just recently bought my first metal detector. I finally got some time to go out and use it in the yard. This is all I have found so far. However, I did find a target at 8+ inches that I have yet to recover.I went as deep as I could, about 8.5 to 9 niches, and the target was still beyond that. I dug as deep as I could without enlarging the hole significantly which I was not comfortable doing in the front yard. Will probably try for it at a later time. had a pretty good signal.
Hope your finds spark your interest further. Keep it up!

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back