First flight of 6" 'nox coil on X-Terra Pro and first silver Washington quarter!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody,
Same old lot I have been pounding with my X-Terra Pro. Got the 6" Equinox coil in today due to the trashy sites I tend to hunt in. I mark with flags 30 ft. grids here and I purposely went over some of the same spots I hit past couple days with stock coil. Super trashy here. Man this 6" coil it light! I was running Field 2 but 10khz and all metal at sens of 21-22. GB was 23. So on my 2nd grid I had a solid 89-92 and was stoked to find my first Washington silver quarter (1953)! It was only about 3" deep, so I was shocked I walked right over it with the stock coil. I walked a couple more rows and dug the 1944 wheat about 4-5" deep only about 4-5 ft from the quarter. On my 3rd grid I dug the 1963 lincoln. So, I missed 3 coins with the 12" coil. I actually got skunked here last 2 hunts. This new coil is staying on my machine! HH, Scott

Attachments

• 20230423_174226.jpg
    20230423_174226.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Upvote 19
OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1st Silver Washington. Glad to see the 6" coil is working out & a coin sniffer.
Thanks, it was exciting! That coil really surprised me

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, it was exciting! That coil really surprised me
I'm going to order a xterra pro this week, I think it's going to be a killer detector for the price. I'll have to hold off on the 6" coil, but I'm glad to hear it works well.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to order a xterra pro this week, I think it's going to be a killer detector for the price. I'll have to hold off on the 6" coil, but I'm glad to hear it works well.
Congrats! Keep us posted on how you like the new machine. You know, about 7-8 years ago I had an X-Terra 505, it was a great machine, but a bit heavy and not real deep. I think they were selling for $400-450. I actually feel this new machine performs better and has so many convenient features, it amazes me that it cost less the $300.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done !
Small coils are a huge advantage in iron infested and overgrown areas.
I used a 6" coil on my E-Trac non-stop for more than 5 years - countless good finds - lot's of 7" deep Dimes.
Thanks brother! When I buy a new machine, I usually get a smaller coil after a handful of hunts, going back to my old Tesoro Vaquero. I always find stuff I missed and I don't see much reason to take it off.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A silver day is a good day! Good job!
Thanks my friend, I was confident there had to be at least 1 silver at this site, just had to the (right) coil over it!

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scruggs!

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds!
It really is amazing what a difference a coil makes to a machine.
I agree! It can make old sites new again.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody,
Same old lot I have been pounding with my X-Terra Pro. Got the 6" Equinox coil in today due to the trashy sites I tend to hunt in. I mark with flags 30 ft. grids here and I purposely went over some of the same spots I hit past couple days with stock coil. Super trashy here. Man this 6" coil it light! I was running Field 2 but 10khz and all metal at sens of 21-22. GB was 23. So on my 2nd grid I had a solid 89-92 and was stoked to find my first Washington silver quarter (1953)! It was only about 3" deep, so I was shocked I walked right over it with the stock coil. I walked a couple more rows and dug the 1944 wheat about 4-5" deep only about 4-5 ft from the quarter. On my 3rd grid I dug the 1963 lincoln. So, I missed 3 coins with the 12" coil. I actually got skunked here last 2 hunts. This new coil is staying on my machine! HH, Scott
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread