deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - had a great day in the dirt. The 20x20 area is just loaded with iron, nails, pieces of cast iron, more nails! But the new 5x8 coil I got for the ATP is amazing for getting through all of the junk. Scored an 1858 Flying Eagle Cent and 3 more large cents (1822, 1840, 1841) - that makes 6 total so far, 1925 wheat and...an eagle shield button. Some horse tack related pieces - engraved floral rosette and some brass rivets with leather still attached. Small ring, watch key and jaw harp. I'll have to take a picture of all the iron we've recovered - lot of it is late 1700's/early 1800s.

Attachments

• 08232015_1_edited-1.jpg
    08232015_1_edited-1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 08232015_2.jpg
    08232015_2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 08232015_3.jpg
    08232015_3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 20
Lots of good finds there. That could be a textbook pic of what we look for. Nice job!

Three large cents and a flying eagle. If you had found some silver I might have given you a banner nod. Go back and find some. Nice hunt

great finds, to find 1 LC is an awesome feat, a multi-LC day is a rarity! good job on the FE as well, great great digs right there!

That's a great day. I've found an 1856 LC and a 1860IHp but nothing in between. Even though there were healthy mintage amounts of FEC's, congrats on finding a coin from a finite time period. Also, LC's are always a treat - congrats

Steve

Congrats on your first Flying Eagle. From the pics, it looks like you found a great place to hunt.

Great finds.

Any marks on the spoon?

That was a stellar hunt. I am drooling over the finds you pulled. Congrats on the rare find. :occasion14:

Super spot you've found there. If its all in a 20x20 area, I'd be tempted to start clearing out the iron foot by foot. Who knows what may be lurking under a nail.

HEY SECRET YOUR RELICS ARE SPEECHLESS . NICE KEPI BUCKLE AND JEWS HARP AND THE COIN FIND IS ALSO COOL.

Oh Shenandoah, I long to hear you....great array of finds there :thumbsup:

Great finds. Productive spot you have there.

A nice site indeed.
I'd Dig it all , as I suspect U are.
Davers

Great FE cent!! This must be the year of bucket lists !

Thanks all! I appreciate the great comments on this post. Here are photos of the area I've been digging and some of the bigger iron pulled out. More to find in this spot I'm sure. Cheers!!

Attachments

• Summer Kitchen 1.jpg
    Summer Kitchen 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Summer Kitchen 2.jpg
    Summer Kitchen 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Iron 1.jpg
    Iron 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Iron2.jpg
    Iron2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice array of relics! And a triple LC find Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back