Steve L.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 407
- Reaction score
- 23
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vienna, ME
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
This four boxes of Halves was a good start for the new year. I wish each of you the very best in 2011, and hope to enjoy the numbers and the pictures below.
This week gave up a good mix of 90% and 40% coins -- 8x 90% and 17x 40%. So it comes out to just over 5.4 troy ounces of silver. I was able to pull a good mix of keepers -- Walker's, Franklin's, and Mints in addition to the 90% and 40% Kennedy Halves. Unfortunately no slots in my collection book filled since these were all duplicates of coins I already had. Three of the four boxes had enders and one of the enders was the reverse of a Walker. From the way the paper lay on the coin and the view of the eagle, I thought I had a Stone Mountain for an ender.
That had me going till I cracked the roll open and got a better look.
Not complaining though! 
The breakdown followed by pics.
Box 1: 3x 90% (a 1942 Walker, two 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (1x 1965, 1x 1967, 2x 1968-D, and 1x 1970-S). One of the 1968-D's was an ender in this box.
Box 2: 1x 90% (a 1943 Walker); and 3x 40% (1x 1966, 1x 1967, and 1x 1969-D). This box also gave up two clad S-Mint coins, a 1971 and a 1985. I also got a 1987-P NIFC from this box.
(I keep all S-Mints, and 1987's. I also keep a roll of each NIFC year coins. After I get a full roll, I generally cull the newer NIFC's and spend them so others can see these pretty coins in circulation.)
Box 3: 1x 90% (a 1951 Franklin); and 4x 40% (all 1967's).
Box 4: 3x 90% (a 1962-D Franklin, and 2x 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (1x 1965, 2x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D). The 1965 was an ender on this box.
Happy hunting.
Steve
This four boxes of Halves was a good start for the new year. I wish each of you the very best in 2011, and hope to enjoy the numbers and the pictures below.
This week gave up a good mix of 90% and 40% coins -- 8x 90% and 17x 40%. So it comes out to just over 5.4 troy ounces of silver. I was able to pull a good mix of keepers -- Walker's, Franklin's, and Mints in addition to the 90% and 40% Kennedy Halves. Unfortunately no slots in my collection book filled since these were all duplicates of coins I already had. Three of the four boxes had enders and one of the enders was the reverse of a Walker. From the way the paper lay on the coin and the view of the eagle, I thought I had a Stone Mountain for an ender.
That had me going till I cracked the roll open and got a better look.
Not complaining though! 
The breakdown followed by pics.
Box 1: 3x 90% (a 1942 Walker, two 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (1x 1965, 1x 1967, 2x 1968-D, and 1x 1970-S). One of the 1968-D's was an ender in this box.
Box 2: 1x 90% (a 1943 Walker); and 3x 40% (1x 1966, 1x 1967, and 1x 1969-D). This box also gave up two clad S-Mint coins, a 1971 and a 1985. I also got a 1987-P NIFC from this box.
(I keep all S-Mints, and 1987's. I also keep a roll of each NIFC year coins. After I get a full roll, I generally cull the newer NIFC's and spend them so others can see these pretty coins in circulation.)
Box 3: 1x 90% (a 1951 Franklin); and 4x 40% (all 1967's).
Box 4: 3x 90% (a 1962-D Franklin, and 2x 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (1x 1965, 2x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D). The 1965 was an ender on this box.
Happy hunting.
Steve
Attachments
-
Box 1 Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp104 KB · Views: 329 -
Box 1 1942 Walker.webp77.9 KB · Views: 310 -
Box 1 1970-S.webp70.7 KB · Views: 310 -
Box 2 Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp107.2 KB · Views: 332 -
Box 2 1943 Walker.webp82.1 KB · Views: 313 -
Box 3 Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp103 KB · Views: 311 -
Box 3 Franklin.webp77.1 KB · Views: 305 -
Box 4 Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp100.5 KB · Views: 318 -
Box 4 Franklin.webp69.1 KB · Views: 312 -
All the Keepers Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp87.3 KB · Views: 306 -
The 90\'s Coin Roll Hunt 8 Jan 2011.webp100.5 KB · Views: 306
Upvote
0










