first full box of halfs need some advise

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
That would make me think they had been searched.
Good luck
Cat

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know. If they are hand rolled, it could just mean that someone that had the wrapper previously put the marks on the wrappers. It doesn't hurt to open all of them. It just might be your lucky day.

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
I would certainly go through all of them then just rell roll them as you go, so you dont have to count. I had the same funny feeling today with the 700$ worth of hand rolls, every wrapper was the same and the teller told me they were all from one person so I assumed dumps but bought them anyway. Sometimes hunters miss some 40%s when only edge searching. I found a few.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have picked up a lot of dumps only to find solid silver rolls mixed in.

Keep in mind a silver depositor does not care what banks you dump at, nor do they even know they are depositing silver.

Many times I will find a bank where a poorer CHR has dumped a few hundred in halves all marked like a dog would piss on something, and in with them I find other rolls that are loaded with good stuff.

the moral of this story is, Watch where you dump and how, as well dont think that the guy behind you or in front of you is not going to deposit rolls before or after you do!

Like a money machine I have a rout I travel and pick up the dumps, as well as the silver deposits. it pays to know where your competition dumps. they think that bank is immune to silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread