• July 17th 62 coins $5.96.jpg
    July 17th 62 coins $5.96.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 949
  • passing 5000.jpg
    passing 5000.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 933
Upvote 0
Boobydoo said:
WTG Greg on getting 1/2 way there, you can doo 10,000 buddy.
You are a finding machine for sure, consistant, and fun to read.

It's pretty cool, but I am right there with you although with my car crash last week and being laid up, my totals are on hold for a while.

I am at 5019 coins and $346.21

Congrats buddy, keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks I am beat...10,000 seems a long long way!

borninok said:
Gotta add my congrats! WTG!!! You definitely are an inspiration to us! Now get that second 5,000!
--Mel

borninok

Thanks Mel this is my first full year back in detecting....had a wgites coinmaster 6000 series 3 over 20 years ago. All trhe kind words sure help...but I still feel sore! :D

DFX-Gregg said:
Boobydoo said:
WTG Greg on getting 1/2 way there, you can doo 10,000 buddy.
You are a finding machine for sure, consistant, and fun to read.

It's pretty cool, but I am right there with you although with my car crash last week and being laid up, my totals are on hold for a while.

I am at 5019 coins and $346.21

Congrats buddy, keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks I am beat...10,000 seems a long long way!

I hear you Greg!!
But we keep plucking away and it just keeps adding up huh.
You are doing great this being your first year back into it and all
and all the inspiration you get here at TNet definitely will give you
the drive to keep getting out there and digging. Best of luck to you!
I enjoy all your posts and whether you doo reach 10,000 or not
you're one of the best!

Smiles!
BDoo

congrads on the 5000 coin mark. I have been following your progress this year and you are an inspiration to me to reach my goal of 8000. I now am around 4300+. I just enjoy finding coins of any type. :) I know that I will probably not catch up to you but with my new upgrade a month ago to a whites M6 from a Prizm IV, I believe that I can stay close. Have fun. ;)

Clad badger

I have no doubt that you’ll have the Coinminator title before it’s over with. 10,000 coins would be hard work for most of us, but it looks like it’s getting easier for you. WTG

HH

clad_badger said:
congrads on the 5000 coin mark. I have been following your progress this year and you are an inspiration to me to reach my goal of 8000. I now am around 4300+. I just enjoy finding coins of any type. :) I know that I will probably not catch up to you but with my new upgrade a month ago to a whites M6 from a Prizm IV, I believe that I can stay close. Have fun. ;)

Clad badger

Believe me I am not in a race! Thier are some finding a lot more then both of us....I speak to a few....they are good for inspiration! :) But I agree it is fun to know you are in a group that is doing well. We all hunt in different conditions with different time restraints and I know that M6 will help push you toward your goal! ;) To sore to go out today....working midnights just about any morning is good for me...but I am beat!

Ant said:
I have no doubt that you’ll have the Coinminator title before it’s over with. 10,000 coins would be hard work for most of us, but it looks like it’s getting easier for you. WTG

HH

Hey you know I would trade a lot of my clad for some of your finds! I have been having a few bumps in the road with a erratic coil and like most>>>the heat...but we are expecting possible flooding today>>> :) :( <<< not sure if it is good for everyone but I know in the morning when I go out there will be coins visable from the rain...and hopefully a few oldies will ring up! Thanks :)

High Five Gregg!!!!
Thats a lot of holes......

Keeo gion' bud...

WTG gregg ! if i was a betting man i'd bet on you getting to 10000 ! you've got a goal and your working hard to get there ! congrats ;)

Only 5000 more to go Greg :D Must not be to hot where you are, look how green that grass is ;D Congrats Buddy.

weasel606 said:
WTG gregg ! if i was a betting man i'd bet on you getting to 10000 ! you've got a goal and your working hard to get there ! congrats ;)

Thanks in fact I am resting up for morning...problem is i work midnights in between! But hopefully the storm we are having here will be over by then. Looking forward to some soft ground and bad weather in morning! :)

finderzzs said:
Only 5000 more to go Greg :D Must not be to hot where you are, look how green that grass is ;D Congrats Buddy.

We finally have got some rain ...big storm tonight I am pumped for tomorrow after a day off from detecting I am not as sore now...ready to get out there...fresh battery pack all i need is it to be morning to start my hunt for the next 5000! :)

Hey Congrats Gregg, that's a whole lot of bending down and getting up. I had a day a couple of weeks ago like yours. I found 100 coins in one day all clad except for one wheat penny. How many of the 5000 coins you found so far were not clad?

I had a good year last year, found nearly 4000 clad coins with my ACE 250 and I don't know how many silver, wheat, Indian head and other goodies I found also. I also found a 6 pound cannonball last year.

I don't think I'll have that good of a year this year. The ground is so dry and hard as a Rock. But you never know, maybe we will get some rain and I mean lots of rain and the ground will soften up.

Again, Congrats, hope you make 10,000. That would be Awesome!

HH, Ringfinder

Congrats Gregg! That is a huge achievement! Do me and everyone else a favor in December.........take some pics of all that clad!

jeez, that's a lot of coins so far.
curious...do you ever try to challenge yourself in other ways in the hobby, like trying to find deep, old coins? it seems like anyone could go around and dig shallow clad. just wondering.

Way to go DFX-Gregg. I don,t think I will ever find 5,000 coins in a year. But I have seen over 5,000 coins this year on TNET.

For a certain poster, It takes a certain attitude not a brand of detector to find this number of coins. When you get up to this quantity you are not digging them all at 12". If this is so I never hope to piss off DFG-Gregg (AKA the incredible Hulk!).

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back