• July 17th 62 coins $5.96.jpg
    July 17th 62 coins $5.96.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 949
  • passing 5000.jpg
    passing 5000.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 933
Upvote 0
ringfinder said:
Hey Congrats Gregg, that's a whole lot of bending down and getting up. I had a day a couple of weeks ago like yours. I found 100 coins in one day all clad except for one wheat penny. How many of the 5000 coins you found so far were not clad?

I had a good year last year, found nearly 4000 clad coins with my ACE 250 and I don't know how many silver, wheat, Indian head and other goodies I found also. I also found a 6 pound cannonball last year.

I don't think I'll have that good of a year this year. The ground is so dry and hard as a Rock. But you never know, maybe we will get some rain and I mean lots of rain and the ground will soften up.

Again, Congrats, hope you make 10,000. That would be Awesome!

HH, Ringfinder

I have my coin program modified so much all I am picking up is the same stuff all the time! It is boring but steady, not much silver but the wheaties are starting to be consistent. :) I do have 14 rings and miscellaneous jewelry.

Ricardo_NY1 said:
Congrats Gregg! That is a huge achievement! Do me and everyone else a favor in December.........take some pics of all that clad!

Here is what it looks like up to now>this picture was taken about a 6 weeks agone my dime and quarter container are full and started a smaller penny container. :) Added another $100 in clad since photo.

Attachments

• coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570  pict.2.jpg
    coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570 pict.2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 380
  • coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570  pict.2.jpg
    coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570 pict.2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 385
oknorom said:
jeez, that's a lot of coins so far.
curious...do you ever try to challenge yourself in other ways in the hobby, like trying to find deep, old coins? it seems like anyone could go around and dig shallow clad. just wondering.

It is a major challenge to try to dig 10,000 coins in a year...A lot of people say they could dig shallow clad sure...but dig 10000 coins like I plan on doing this year and get back to me! ;)

Born2Dtect said:
Way to go DFX-Gregg. I don,t think I will ever find 5,000 coins in a year. But I have seen over 5,000 coins this year on TNET.

For a certain poster, It takes a certain attitude not a brand of detector to find this number of coins. When you get up to this quantity you are not digging them all at 12". If this is so I never hope to piss off DFG-Gregg (AKA the incredible Hulk!).

Ed D.

Thanks Ed...you are right it does take some attitude and a lot of digging! ;D For example I was having a bad day today I got very upset and...changed locations!!! ;) I know what it is going to take to get to 10,000. Speedy recovery, perfect pinpointing and the right places! :D
Oh I am digging most from 0.0 to 3.5 But today I did let the dfx loose a little and had hits up to 6.5 before I toned it down again.

MissyW72 said:
DFX-Gregg said:
ModernMiner said:
You're not a Bear's fan are you? ;D
HH,
MM

Da Bears and Da Cubs! :)

Hey, I have that Bears shirt only mine is a sweatshirt, it well be well worn come cooler days!

CONGATS!!

Thanks and I saw your first wheatie find nice job! :)

Congratulations. That's a lot of digging. How far do you have to drive now to get a decent clad spot? You must have cleaned out all the local places.

Bob

Mirage said:
Congratulations. That's a lot of digging. How far do you have to drive now to get a decent clad spot? You must have cleaned out all the local places.

Bob

Not at all. That is the best part I never drive out of my way! If I am on way home from work have 10 parks on way home not more than 4-6 blocks off main path depending which way I take home from work in morning. If I am off...I have a large park a half block away and forest preserves 4 blocks away. But I have 2 new parks I will be starting..both on way home from work! :) I never have the attitude that I have cleaned out a park. I see 3 other guys hunting a few of my parks...oddly enough one of them is the park I had my 200 coin day in! :) Believe every few weeks the clad comes back or start areas over again. The baseball starts on 4 different diamonds at 3:30 and goes till 8:00pm. The parents come with lawn chairs and empty their pockets for me! :D Oh when baseball ends...they move to the middle of the field and play soccer all week! Just have to change where I hunt. The parks here are loaded! I still have a list of 40 other parks some of those are out of way! But until I go over the two still in route home at least 15-20 trips, then I might pull out the others. All within 8-10 miles. I think some just cannot imagine how packed the parks are here. I probably will have to wait till next year with the rest of the list. I just don't believe some of these parks are going to stop giving! ;)

Well Gregg, you have inspired me!!! ;D
I'm new and just starting out so I set myself a goal no where near yours! Just want to hit 2500 for the year. Started at the beginning of the month and already have 113 coins. But I'm still learning my machine, pinpointing and digging a plug. I'm also not very quick on recovery. I'm sure it will get quicker as I get more practice. Just wanted to set a goal I thought I could reach. One thing is on my side, the ground RARELY freezes here during winter so thats a plus!
Sorry not trying to take over your post, just wanted to let ya know you are an inspiration!! ;D ;D

MissyW72 said:
Well Gregg, you have inspired me!!! ;D
I'm new and just starting out so I set myself a goal no where near yours! Just want to hit 2500 for the year. Started at the beginning of the month and already have 113 coins. But I'm still learning my machine, pinpointing and digging a plug. I'm also not very quick on recovery. I'm sure it will get quicker as I get more practice. Just wanted to set a goal I thought I could reach. One thing is on my side, the ground RARELY freezes here during winter so thats a plus!
Sorry not trying to take over your post, just wanted to let ya know you are an inspiration!! ;D ;D

First thank you for the kind words. :) this is my first year back in detecting and it has been a struggle at times. There have been some who say oh but you are not finding a lot of silver, or oh you are not doing this. But at the end of the year I am going to say Oh....I did find 10,000 coins! ;)

I had a coin counter set up like the ones you see posted for some. Problem was I had it on 4 forums and updating it and people thinking it was a race had me getting out of focus, so I took it off. When I mentioned I was going to take it off I received a lot of messages back to keep it. I did for a while but realized I was not trying to have a competition...but decided to be a goal setter...also received criticism for that from some too... My advice is if you want set a goal. I think it can be fun to try to reach numbers, for me it adds something. Over on the findmall forum there is a Whites general forum. Monte a long time Whites user got me started on PCV (per coin value), basically just dividing your total dollar amount by your total coins to see what your average coin value is. I liked it, it is nothing new but also think it is fun.. Then some came again with the what ifs!! ::) Like what if your find coins worth more..blah blah blah...It was just meant to add interest to basic clad finds. So hopefully you can reach your goals and these forums can be fun also. :)

I would try to figure out how many trips you can get out a week or a month and do some simple math. Usually 3 hours a hunt is enough for me! 4 if I am doing real good! ;) As you use your detector your numbers will continue upward. Not sure what you are looking for or the general population of your area.....but that will effect your performance. I have sports fields/parks that get extremely crowded so clad and surface clad has been the way to go for me. My goal before I started year was 5500 coins. Since then talking with others who advised me to push myself (I now have a sore back) :D They said go for a number a little out of reach...say 10,000...sounded good to me. But of course now I want to reach it. I should be able to hunt through November and some days in our cold Decembers here. I have hunted in temps down to 10 degrees and up to 5 inches of snow when I got my detector last November. Keep up the good work! Also if you have any questions on your M6, check out the findmall.com forums. They have a separate one for the mxt where the M6 users also are part of the forum. I will tell you you have a great coin machine so hopefully you get a chance to dig away! :)

MindHunter said:
Congrats on Hitting your goal... ;D :o

Now Please clean the top of your Coil. ;D

It was raining that morning I stayed out through it but spent most of time under trees...I wiped it off...waiting for my small coil to come back from the doctor! :D

"It was raining that morning I stayed out through it but spent most of time under trees"

Greg...let me see if I have this straight....it was raining, you stayed under trees, and you were holding onto your metal detector....I sure hope it wasn't lightning!!!! ha/ha LOL :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Did you hear about the kid that was hit by lightning because he was listening to his IPOD while mowing the lawn? wow

Hey, Buddy, we want to see you hit that 10,000 goal....but not as a sparkling lightbulb.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Again, a great job like I said earlier!
---Mel

borninok

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back