first gold coin

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't post very often,basically I'm computer illiterate. But I have to share my brothers find. He asked permission from a co-worker to hunt his yard. It's a very big yard,in the middle of town. The house is over 100 years old and there used to be a horse barn on the property. The first time he checked the yard he found some wheats, clad and a standing liberty quarter.Well he got out today before the weather turned rainy and he again found clad and a barber dime.Towards the end of his hunt he found a 1914 Indian head half eagle gold coin. He still has only checked maybe half the property.Hopefully the weather will let him hit it a few more times. Needless to say we were extremely excited.
He has been on a great roll finding 3 silver half dollars and many other silver dimes and quarters. It's to bad the season is almost over,(Midwest winter). Thanks for looking, it took my 3 attempts to post :-[ Dan

Attachments

• dec 4 008 front.jpg
    dec 4 008 front.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,987
  • dec 4 010 back.jpg
    dec 4 010 back.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,999
Upvote 0
good find . No its a great find :thumbsup:

Thats one sweet coin! Congrats!

To say nice gold would be redundant, as any gold is nice. Right? But gold coins are always appreciated. And often appreciate too.

:o I want to Find One!!! Tell your Brother Great find From Chug and Red!!!

Merry Christmas!

HO-LEE CRAP! that is so AWESOME! such a beautiful coin :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:icon_thumleft: Any gold coin is a banner to me

Jonnie

Wow, what a great coin. You've got my vote for a Banner Coin. Congratulations :coffee2:

WOW! What a beautiful coin! Tell your brother I have been hunting for 30 years and never found a gold coin so it is something very special. Hope you guys find many more.

Awesome!!Too bad it isnt a Denver Mint Mark!!!My grand mother eyeballed her 1914 "D",when she was a little girl.Thats $$$$ coin!!Tell your bro congrats,they are out there!!

OMG!!! Awesome find!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back