First gold of 08

doctorbb

Nov 2, 2007
CA via TX
First gold of '08

Hit a near-by park that I've slowly been hunting for the last few months. Got a broken signal that jumped between nickel and foil but for some reason I dug it anyway. What a suprise when this little baby came out from 3 inches deep. It's 14K with a princess cut (square) stone. Nice start to the new year.

Attachments

• 14k.JPG
    14k.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 0
Re: First gold of '08

Yaba daba doo!!!

That is one nice ring...congrats! ;D

TW

doctorbb said:
Hit a near-by park that I've slowly been hunting for the last few months. Got a broken signal that jumped between nickel and foil but for some reason I dug it anyway. What a suprise when this little baby came out from 3 inches deep. It's 14K with a princess cut (square) stone. Nice start to the new year.
Good job and im glad you dug it --- HH

WOW, will you marry me? ;D LOL, just kidding. That is gorgeous.

very nice ring lets hope its one of many.

Thanks for all the great comments. I'm always telling my wife that I'll bring her home a diamond ring when I go out to hunt, but she just rolls her eyes. When I showed this one to her, she was kind of upset at first knowing someone had lost it; it looks like an engagement ring. I explained that it was probably lost when the girl threw it at her fiance in a fit of rage. I can't imagine it just falling of someone's finger at a picnic or family party, which is what this section of the park is mostly used for. Anyway, she felt a little better after I told her my thoughts. I'm saving for a new detector but I don't think this one's going to make it into the account. My wife said something about mounting it in a necklace...C'est la vie.

Give it to her. It will go a long way towards points on a new machine. Those precious points
go fast when detecting a lot.

Give your wife the ring and don't go outside and throw it at her in a fit of rage.The necklace sounds like a great idea.

Great looking ring, congrats. Good thing you decided to dig an iffy signal wtg.
Glenn

Very nice engagement ring!! :o

Great start to the new year!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Sure would like to know the story behind that ring! I know I guy who threw one out of a car window along a local interstate here after being dumped (no, it wasn't me!). And no... I haven't found it!

Anyway... great find! Big time congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back