First Gold ring and first Seated Dime.

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share with you folks. Finally got out to doing digging as the weather has been horrendous and I have been quite busy. I knew it was going to be a great dig that day. Don't know how I knew but I just did. Wandered around the first half of the day and hadn't found anything until my last signal before lunch. I couldnt believe what I found when I pulled it out. I knew it was silver but the irony of that silver had me for a laugh. Of course the American digs an American coin in the UK :laughing7: SO i dug my first American silver Seated Dime from 1854. Later on that day I was walking a different field as I had hammered the area I found the dime. I had dug a bunch of coppers on this field and figured another silver was bound to show up. My deus picked up a good signal and I figured maybe this is it. Low and behold I saw a gold colour but not that super shine you usually get. I figured eh just some junk maybe from a bottle top or some trash from the veterinarians giving the animals medications. Quickly I realized I was very wrong when I saw writing. I had just found my first gold Posey ring. These things are as rare as hens teeth. Probably will never find another. The writing on it is as follows: In _____ I live and Die. Not sure the second word at all or the date but I am guessing not that old as "Die" is spelled in modern english. But one more to cross off the check list and first silver coin of the year :headbang:

IMG_1588.jpeg IMG_3622.jpg IMG_3623.jpg ring and coin .jpg Anyways thanks for looking and reading. Good luck hunting ;D

Upvote 15

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like "Constants:" to me. Nice finds.

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that ring is OLD!!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
AMAZING on the local of that seated! Super gold as well...thanks for sharing with us all.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Congratulations on the gold and silver! :occasion14:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that ring is awesome. I believe it pre-dates that dime by several decades. My personal belief is that it dates probably somewhere from 1780-1820. It looks like the mystery word is 'Constrants', which I would believe to be an old or uneducated spelling of the word 'constraints'. Used in the inscription - 'In Constrants: I Live and Die' meaning 'within the prescribed bounds or limits (constraints) of marriage, I live and die.' Simply put, a vow to stay true to their spouse.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a couple of awesome finds! I live in the USA and can't find a Seated dime! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread