Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it is nothing spectacular but it is my first gold ring with the new Excalibur 1000. Picked it out of about knee deep water at Beach #6, Presque Isle State Park, Erie, PA.
ring3.jpg

ring2.jpg

ring1.jpg

Upvote 0
Great! When did you go? Morning? Evening? Did anybody hassle you?

It may just be my opinion, but in my opinion ANY gold ring found with a detector is a darn spectacular find!

GREAT JOB!

~Nash~

Thats a beautiful ring. Congratulations. I haven't got a gold ring yet. 15 or 20 silver ones but no gold.

I like it! 14K baby!

Looks rather heavy!

Congratulations!

Ridley

Nice find Schrecky. Long time no see. Hope all is well, and we can get together again next spring.

Ken

Krovas; I got there about 7:00 this morning. Water temp was 73 and air temp was 65. After about an hour and a half I did start getting a little chilly but by then the sun was shinning on me and I warmed up. I hunted for another two hours before I got out of the water. Park rules say you can't detect in the water after the life guards come on duty at 10:00. At 10:00 a guard came out to the waters edge and I asked him if I could keep detecting. He said it wasn't policy but he didn't mind. These beaches are nothing like the beaches along the coast. The sand is trucked in every year and has a surprising number of small nails in it. There are also a lot of what appears to be small, flat, once melted, pieces of lead. They cause a lot of problems. Never the less, these are the closet beaches to where I live.

Thats a nice find! Congrats!!!
Mike :)

Fantastic Gold find !!!!!!!!!!!!! Job well done on your first got with the excalibur

That's a really nice ring you found! Hope you get a few more before the snow flies.

Any gold ring is a fantastic find!

Schrecky said:
Krovas; I got there about 7:00 this morning. Water temp was 73 and air temp was 65. After about an hour and a half I did start getting a little chilly but by then the sun was shinning on me and I warmed up. I hunted for another two hours before I got out of the water. Park rules say you can't detect in the water after the life guards come on duty at 10:00. At 10:00 a guard came out to the waters edge and I asked him if I could keep detecting. He said it wasn't policy but he didn't mind. These beaches are nothing like the beaches along the coast. The sand is trucked in every year and has a surprising number of small nails in it. There are also a lot of what appears to be small, flat, once melted, pieces of lead. They cause a lot of problems. Never the less, these are the closet beaches to where I live.

Terrific, thank you very much for the feedback!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back