What's new

First GOLD! UPDATE

Fugio

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
269
Reaction score
497
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

It turns out I got my first gold! I can't believe it. I just took the piece to my jeweler today, and she said that the center of the piece is 14K gold:headbang: Initially I thought that the piece was base metal due to the corrosion on the outside. She told me that the outside was probably originally plated or gold filled and the center is solid. She said the piece is a Victorian brooch most likely made in the early 1900's. It's not much, but it's gold baby! I will definitely be going back to this spot this weekend to see what else turns up!

If you want to see the original thread and more about where I found the piece you can view it here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/494566-gold-hole-not.html
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    588.1 KB · Views: 218
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    125.4 KB · Views: 227
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    203.5 KB · Views: 203
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    203.5 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 42
My apologies. I somehow skipped over the part where you had already said it was 14kt, ruling out a gold coin. I had thought that maybe something had also been carved on the front center but it had disappeared due to wear. Nice looking piece though, an attention grabber.

No need to apologize sleepy. I learned something new from your post. I've never heard of love tokens before, and they look really interesting. Thanks for your comments!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom