What's new

First good find and how long

Okie115

Full Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, so I've been killin some time here and there when I get a chance to sneak away from the wife and kids. How long did it take you to make your first BIG find and what was it? All I've been pullin out of the ground is clad so far.
 
Upvote 0
Heck, sneaking away from the wife and kids is a treasure enough.:laughing7: When you find your first gold ring it will seem like you can QUIT your day job. Don't. Give this first ring to the wife and soon she'll be cutting the grass so you can go detecting. Don't swing like a grass whip and try to over lap sweeps a little. Subscribe to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine too.
 
Define BIG find,to some folks a rosie is a BIG find!:pot-of-gold: God Bless Chris
 
Okay, "BIG" find being something of a higher value than the denomination on the coin or precious metals, relics etc.
 
Okay, "BIG" find being something of a higher value than the denomination on the coin or precious metals, relics etc.
Thanks for the clarification mate,don't know the historical value of it, in 1902 when they found King Tut's tomb there was an Egyptian jewelery craze,prior to 1905 the karat mark wasn't required,it tested 18K. Priceless to me! Found it in an old farm field,after MDin for 9 months. God Bless Chris
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    38 KB · Views: 128
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    42 KB · Views: 142
i havent found the big find yet but just getting out and detecting is good enough for me the finds will come sooner or later
 
My first big find was a 24" 14k gold necklace. Or so I thought! Yesterday I found out it was fake! It had a 14k clasp, but the necklace itself was clad! No wonder the person who lost it originally didn't spend much time looking for it! "There's one born every minute", so I guess I'm one by proxy? :icon_scratch: Well, it looked real! I even posted it on Tnet. :BangHead:Monty
 
Bummer but I bet it was still fun finding it
 
Found a copper celt about 16 inches deep. It is a type of ancient ax head. Sold it to a museum. copper-celt.webp
 
Hey, on that necklace that turned out 2 b fakola, keep tryin'. I haven't found any gold yet, myself, nor a silver dollar yet, but a fair amount of silver others. Being in Springfield, IL, I am hunting for gold, too, but as I saw what an apparent x-pert goldfinder advized on how to find gold: find alot of silvers (first).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom